Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Roguelike is a mini game created in three days for a challenge on the Centro RPG Maker forum. While a hero was venturing out, his Princess was kidnapped again. Invade the lair of a powerful Ogre and rescue her!​

• There are four levels. The first three have three random variations each.
  • Chests - except those with keys - have random swords and potions.
Created with RPG Maker MV. Graphics & Audio by Ocean's Dream. Special thanks to Centro RPG Maker, ct_bolt, rainyday and TheoAllen

Why so big?
It's 50MB. Most are codes entered by the MV itself for the game to work. The editable project is less than 9MB. However the license of the resources prevents me from posting it openly. So I made the data folder available to anyone who wants to see things working.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
That was neat! Always nice to see fellow Brazilians here, I didn't know Centro was still holding events and challenges!
I beat the game and it's a neat setup, although I have to say, barebones it definitely is. Sometimes barebones is good. I think it could be here, but it missed the mark in a few places.
Nevertheless, I'd love to see what you'd do if you decided to do another take in this small dungeon structure thing with a few different decisions. The arcadey "find the key" levels have a cathartically fun and simle thing going for them and I think it's a setup worth playing with further!

Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is also good to see you active, Joseph! CRM remains stronger than ever haha, thanks for the comments. When I have time in the future I will try to redo this more carefully. A lot to be polished, optimized and added. For now I'm happy to know that you had fun. :D

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey hey. Don't wanna make empty promises as I'm bad at playing others' games, but this does seem interesting. I may have a love-hate relationship with roguelikes, but a MV roguelike seems a worthy thing to try out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

so, ive been gone for too long when i log in and see that everything is where is shouldn't be. XD
Steam killing my eyes.. I forgot why I use it only when I have no other choice
Making a map, my brain went "Look, Mjölnir!" as I plotted out a sacrificial entrance.

Actually, it went, "Look, hammer. Wait, Thor's hammer!"
CG tile rendering, take 3: windows.
which section you guys think looks more accurate to the perspective? left or right?

for reference, this is what it looks like "at street level"
Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Komalis