VTDraws

Filthy Point-&-Click casual
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might as well make this too in case it's a lot simpler than my other script-fix requests.

Thank you SO much in advance for anyone that could help me out on this- getting this to work has been a migraine. Please forgive me if I'm missing a lot of key details- I've never had to request a plugin before. Let me know either via this thread or via Conversation/PM if you need more details.

I'm looking for a Plugin that would allow me to have a text input scene that saves the player's answer/text to a variable parameter.
[BEFORE SENDING OTHER PLUGINS: I'm aware of all the existing plugins similar to this. However, none of them are compatible with the other scripts I'm using, and none of them are quite right for what I need. THIS script is the one I was working off of, but it's incompatible with ALOE_PlayerNotepad. It has most of the base coding for what I need, though, if it helps to have a basis to work off of.]

----------------------
THIS is a mock-up of what I'd be looking for:

1594174308453.png

EDIT::::: NEW VIDEO-DEMONSTRATION

END EDIT::::

-----------------------------

General run-down of programmable things I'd need--

Features:
!- Lets the player use the keyboard
!- Like in Scene Name_Input, I want the player to visually see how many characters they can put in [helps with riddle solving]
!- Saves the player's input string to a Variable
!- Text Hint is capable of reading escape codes a la YEP_MessageCore.
!- Lets me use a plugin command to change the hint text to whatever string in " " I want for that particular input scene call.
!- OR! Allow me to change a VARIABLE to a String with a change variable command, then have the plugin fetch whatever X variable has for the Text Hint, and show it in a window [or by itself] above the input box, centered. Either Plugin Command or Variable fetch could work, but the variable might be less clunky for the sake of REALLY long plugin commands.
[Because sometimes I'd need the Text Hint to be a whole Riddle that the player just heard, so they know what they're answering. It feels clunky to have to type a whole riddle into a plugin command's Text Hint parameter if the plugin could just fetch the contents of a variable instead.]
!- Plugin command parameter to change Max Characters
!- OK/Cancel Buttons with customizable text [Cancel Button would save whatever the player had already entered, and exit the Input_Processing.]
!- Toggle-able input keypad [not super important, but would be nice]
- Blurs the background like Name_Input [not important]
Adjustable Parameters:
  • Text Input Variable#
  • Text Hint Variable??? [see above features]
  • Text Hint window size [Or the window could self-adjust to fit the Text Hint and be centered no matter what]
  • Max Characters
  • OK button text
  • CANCEL button text
  • Input Window font size [Would adjust the window size]

Here's the final kicker and why I'm requesting this be custom-made: I'd need it to be compatible with these core scripts of my game:

ALOE_PlayerNotepad [this is the trouble-child]- Download Link
YEP_MessageCore- Download Link
YEP_CoreEngine- Download Link

I don't believe there's any others that could mess with this sort of Input_Scene, but here's my full list just in case: [CmdInp is the plugin I'm trying to replace that doesn't work with ALOE_PlayerNotepad, so ignore that one being ON.]
1594171210835.png

Thank you SO so much for anyone that can help. This Text_Input scene is a huge core aspect of the games I'm making and the point-and-click system I'm working on, so if I could get this squared away, it'd be a lifesaver.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are not allowed to offer paid work in this section of the forums. If you want to offer paid work, please do so only in the classified section. Please remove your offer to pay from this thread. Thank you.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just want to say, this is a really nicely-defined plugin request. You've obviously put a lot of thought into your requirements, and have taken the necessary time to explain things. Such a nice change to the usual "here are 4 words and if I say the title says everything I won't need to explain anything else and you'll know exactly what I mean" type of requests that frequently come through.

VTDraws

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are not allowed to offer paid work in this section of the forums. If you want to offer paid work, please do so only in the classified section. Please remove your offer to pay from this thread. Thank you.
Ah sorry sorry, fixed it right up! Missed that rule- thank you for the correction!

I just want to say, this is a really nicely-defined plugin request. You've obviously put a lot of thought into your requirements, and have taken the necessary time to explain things. Such a nice change to the usual "here are 4 words and if I say the title says everything I won't need to explain anything else and you'll know exactly what I mean" type of requests that frequently come through.
Hah, thanks my dude- didn't want to be too vague or too wordy. I want to make this as easy as possible for any potential scripters! So I'm glad it seems well put-together :D

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@VTDraws I can also move this thread to classified if you want to offer to pay, or you can make another thread there.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried using the built-in name input scene plus SRD's Name Input Upgrade? Since it works on an actor's name, you'd have to create a dummy actor in the database to hold the output of the text input box, but it might be worth a try.

VTDraws

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried using the built-in name input scene plus SRD's Name Input Upgrade? Since it works on an actor's name, you'd have to create a dummy actor in the database to hold the output of the text input box, but it might be worth a try.
I did indeed try that! I've used every combination of different Text_Input-type plugins, but all of them had some weird small issue that made it unusable. I actually started out with using a dummy character name and using Name_Input and such, but it got a lot more cluttered than just reading a variable. I think there were also character limitations for the names.

VTDraws

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump! Still looking for candidates to work on this if anyone can!

VTDraws

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HUGE Bump!!! The original post now has a video demo of a plugin mock-up! Still really need to find someone to work on this- I cannot continue base game development until this is squared away.

VTDraws

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reporting the thread as closed and finished, got a custom-made script that pretty much does what I need it to. :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There once was a man whose name was my own
Who tried to make games for console and phone
But after ten years
Some blood sweat and tears
Weird status updates were all that he'd shown.....
I go out once every two weeks. My bf works full-time. Why is it only ever me getting sick? T_T
I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...
Ami
--- Dialog Filter ---

Gunner: Yo! my ****** friend?
Hero: Uhh,what happen with your mouth?
Gunner: Huh? what ****** happen with my mouth? i just speech as usual.
Hero: But,your mouth are like the garbage!
Gunner: Hey,what the **** are you say? you want the piece of **** with my ****** Gun!
(Meanwhile,The Dialog Filter In The Option Is Off)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenerezu