Simple Variable Puzzle won't work

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by 43lynn, Jul 9, 2017.

1. 43lynn

43lynn Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I'm a beginner, attempting my first Variable Puzzle, and the darn thing won't work. I've tried watching a few variable vids, and I watched Syndicate's variable/switches tutorial, but still can't find what's wrong with my puzzle.
    SO I have 6 unlit torches around the room. Clicking on each torch with the action button activates a self switch to the 2nd event page.
    The 2nd page has a lit torch pic and a parallel trigger.
    On each torch's 2nd event page I have this:

Control Variables: #001 lit torchs += 1
    If : lit torchs = 5

(cutscene plays)
    text: etc

:Else
    :End

Clicking on 1 torch activates the cutscene for some reason?
    I tried the 2nd event page w/ an action trigger at first (planning ahead to turn the torch off) and that meant the event never triggered at all. The problem is the same either way. I thought "If : lit torchs = 5" meant I had to click on these 5 times to trigger it. What am I doing wrong?

(additionally, once I get this bit figured out I plan to find a way to turn off the torchs and add the variable torch -= 1 w/ a 2nd click on the same torch, but I want this figured out first.)

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you need to place those commands on the first page, before the control self-switch A = on.
    The second page should be empty of all commands and remain action trigger.

That should solve your problem completely, no parallel process needed at all

3. 43lynn

43lynn Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh! That actually fixed it! (Guess I have more to learn than I thought) :kaoswt2:
    Thanks so much for the help!