Simplified Item Menu

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Rhino, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, I'm trying to make a simple item scene! Unfortunately I can't use Sumrndmdde's Super Tools Engine due to an incompatibility, so I'm hoping someone who understands the code can help me out and create a new scene!

Here's a terrible mockup of what I'm after;
    [​IMG] Told you it was terrible :guffaw:

Basically, key items and no help window. Just a single column about 300 x 500 (my resolution is 720p.) The Item scope selection box can appear anywhere (probably the top?) but I don't plan to use that, although I think it would help some other people as I haven't seen a really simple and clean item menu for MV yet!

I think this'd be useful for lots of non-rpgs/short games since having the full screen item menu looks pretty weird when it's mostly empty. As a disclaimer; I'd be wanting this for the IGMC. (Hence the quick 0 effort mockup, it's not a screenshot from my entry.)

It would also need to be usable via Yanfly's Main Menu Manager.

Thanks for your time! :kaohi:

2. King Gerar

King Gerar Sword of the Morning Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This? This plugin overwrites the default Scene_Item and changes Window_ItemList columns number, so also affecting the item's window on Scene_Equip. I don't know what this Yanfly's plugin does, but this 'simple scene items' still being Scene_Item.

Rhino likes this.
  3. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Well, it turns out I've been beaten to the punch by King Gerar, but since I took 20 minutes to write this, you might as well get to choose anyway.

It works in the same fashion as his plugin, overwriting the default item scene and the number of columns in scene equip, but has more in depth parameters.

Just paste it in a text file, name it AstfglIM and save as a .js.

Plueschkatze, Rhino and King Gerar like this.
  4. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oooh, thank you both so much!! I'm spoilt for choice :kaoblush:They both work really nicely and look exactly how I wanted! Thanks, and thanks again! :kaojoy:

alberca likes this.
  5. Kitdan7

Kitdan7 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If I could steal this old thread for a moment...
    Both of your plugins are great, but could either of you add in a description window, preferably with adjustable width? I need the simplified inventory for a project, but flavor text is important.

(PS: Before someone get's mad at me for necro-posting, I don't know how to request adjustments to their plugins in another post)

6. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Make a mockup of the way you want the screen to actually look like and I'll look into it.
    Also you could have made your own thread and linked to the plugin saying you want it modified in your request.

7. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

@Kitdan7 , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

As Astfgl66 said, please make your own thread and just link to the plugins you want changed.

Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.