Sims gba

Does anyone know/remember the sims gba games? and if so how would you rate them.

• ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • meh

• gg

• awesome

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • loved it, would have loved if there were more.

• loved it so much that i'd help with creating something similar in rmmv.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
Firstly im ougi and id like that ask a question, among us developers.
//link\\

Personally i loved the games and was very sad to see how much it was pretty much ruined after leaving the gba console.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Video Games. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't particularly think it was ruined when it got out of GBA. The sims 1 was a fun game and I had a blast with it. Sims 2 was faster, sims 3 featured a world for each character by themselves and sims 4 is kind of trying to bring some realism to it. I've never played them, but still, nothing can beat messing around with cheats in Sims 1.

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
True, in a sense it was still ok but, sims Gba was completely different from the pc versions. It was changed so much that many people just decided not to play it anymore. (me included) I kinda miss the whole story and how everything comes together in the end of the game. the pc version? its simply a simulation true to its name but a failure when compared to the gba versions. Anyway id love to create something similar to this but i'd need a little help. If i tried doing it alone it'd take forever. Besides i think it could be a valuable learning experience.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course it was completely different. When the sims came out, even in 2000 it had much more hardware power than a mere gba 3 years later when the gba the sims game came out. So they couldn't have made a gba the sims game that would be based on the PC version, hence they made it more of an RPG.

Last edited:

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
True again, but i think many people would prefer a really complex version of the gba version with better graphics, characters and at least a story. I mean not a remake but a continuation of the gba games and then again it doesn't really have to be a continuation just something similar. Think pc and gba version of the sims combined. To me that would have been more awesome than the garbage sandbox mmo-like game the they released. i don't hate it, its just the fact that at the end of everything its just a pointless simulation and i was super disappointed with that change is all.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, you can't play The sims conventionally if you want to have fun with it, since it would be monotonnous. The sims however is one of the few franchises where cheats can make a game fun. I've had a lot of fun with even a stupid move cheat, making ghosts swim through gardens or walls or accommodating/imprisoning police officers and thieves.

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
well i guess you're right. So would you be interested in a colab?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really, I am too busy to even consider a collab.

KiddHusky

Dumb Baby
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I loved both TSBO and Urbz! I've thought about playing around with the idea of something similar to them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!
zachb wrote on Human_Male's profile.
I know this was months ago, but I don't completely understand the lunatic states program (how you set it up). I just want to apply a stone state (and death) to a character after x amount of time. Can you show me an example of how to set it up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adam1s