RMMV Sin Tax - Welcome to the U.S.B. [June 15th 2019]

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by AdamSakuru, Aug 18, 2017.

1. AdamSakuru

AdamSakuru [Null_Value] Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updated.

Fixed some errors in the demo and I improved the timed attack implementation a bit.

2. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updated. The demo hasn't been extended but it has more bug fixes, tuned up action sequences and I've now implemented YED's Sideview Battler's plugin to allow for differences in sprite animation lengths/speeds/etc. for both actors and enemies.

3. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Demo has been extended a little bit, I've implemented the hacking mini-game (seen at the end of the demo), added new battle animations, fine-tuned some action sequences, added some new visual plugins (after-images and battle party status window shaking).

Fernyfer775 and IAmJakeSauvage like this.
  4. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey everyone, the demo has been updated.

This new build has a reworked opening/prologue sequence with some new segments to improve on pacing and emotional feel. More fine-tuning of action sequences, a new battle intro, an improved chapter title card sequence, modifications to how battles end (and a new little victory sequence added to the start of the victory aftermath).
    Also some new visuals added (i.e battle actor images)

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Kemsyn likes this.
  5. Jayje

Jayje THE Lone Indie Cheese! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I really like seeing games with custom graphics and the battle system looks great! I wish you the best with this!

Kemsyn and AdamSakuru like this.
  6. Kemsyn

Kemsyn Not bad...for a human. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried the new demo but I got destroyed trying to run from a sprocket in the woods area, I think it took me 4 tries before it actually let me run, you might wanna tone them down a bit as they're pretty tough at the start of the game, maybe make the bees die in one well timed hit too. I'll try again later but I just wanted to say I really love the soundtrack, especially the title track! The music fits the theme of the game really well. Keep up the good work and get rid of the placeholder stuff lol

AdamSakuru likes this.
  7. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks man, yeah I'll have to tweak around with those enemies. The current soundtrack is also placeholder (all tracks that were free to use) but that's good to know from a second opinion that I picked fitting tracks. Chris has shown me some of what he's been expirementing with and I'm definitely excited for the full tracks he'll make for the game.

I took up work on a second, unrelated project and I had to move back the date I'd planned on having my Kickstarter up. I'd like to have the polished Kickstarter build demo up by the end of the year. By then all of the placeholder stuff will be gone.

8. Kemsyn

Kemsyn Not bad...for a human. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wouldn't have thought they were free, you used them well. Looking forward to hearing some of the official soundtrack when it's done.

AdamSakuru likes this.
  9. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updated! A few bug fixes, including the battle cursor memory actually working properly with skills stored inside of 'folder' skills. Some visual improvements. Fixed some eventing inconsistencies. Changed the hitbox of the player to allow for move movement closer to walls.

10. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updated! Grammar fixes, some updated visuals and I've redone how the T:-Drive Transit system in my game works. Before it was just dialogue menu choices, but now it's a customized scene utilizing some neat visuals. It's not 100% finished in the visuals department, but it's working for the demo.

I also made new victory poses for Lady and Krysto, and gave the victory intro a bit more of an oomph with some extra camera work.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  11. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updated!

Re-implemented the plugin used to display menu command icons with a more efficient one. I also added a more visual confirmation in the Party Window for the cool-downs when using the Row Formation or Party commands during battle. Courtesy of AloeGuvner. Also fixed some oversights/errors.

12. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey, everyone. It's been awhile since I've updated but I'm still working on the project. I've just been busy with other work as well.

Some new things that will be included in the demo soon:

-Faster Animation Rate
    -Improved Battle Animations
    -Improvements to action sequences
    -Implementation of SRAM MODS and Mod Chips (starts in chapter 2)
    -Improvements to the battle GUI animations.
    -Implementation of Game Scene Stabilizer plugin.
    -YEP's Auto Passive States. This one would cause very noticeable lag-spikes, but I commissioned a solution that mostly fixes the problem.
    -Removal of "Ambush" and "Surprise" encounters.

Enjoy some battle portrait art:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    The Stranger, Jayje and MaGicBush like this.
  13. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Demo has been updated!

14. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Demo has been updated again.

Various tweaks, as well as an official optimization update from Yanfly for Auto Passive States. The lag is severely reduced and the game runs smoother.

Edit:
    There's a bug that I've come across and I'm currently trying to figure out the cause of it. Under the public demo link there's an explanation of it.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Kemsyn, The Stranger and Jayje like this.
  15. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updated!

So there's further improvement to game performance. I actually cut down on a couple of redundant plugins. And there's a nice art upgrade for most of the cut-scene art. I recently decided on how the backgrounds would look, with my decision being motivated by a look that's easy for me to do and contrasts with the characters within those cut-scenes so they pop out against the backgrounds. I also cut down on the game's total file-size by getting rid of sound effects I wasn't using. That 'black screen' issue where the game appeared to freeze when loading a file seems to have been resolved.

And finally, the game's official battle theme (an arrangement of GreenTone's Battle BGM Midi) is now in the demo! I love it.

Jayje likes this.
  16. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updated!

Fixed the bug that was causing the battle party status window to slide out of frame after shaking if only two party members took damage.
    Updated the game's options scene. Now it's done through YEP Options Core. You can change the tone of the windows now!

I'm moving the animated video project files into Toon Boom Harmony 14 (I was using 10 before) and I've started the process of polishing the existing cut-scenes. Chris Austman's opening track has been added into the opening animation/opening credits sequence.

I've updated how the T: Drive Map scene works. Now the player can free roam the Mode7 map instead of having to slide through each location like before.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Jayje likes this.
  17. AdamSakuru

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Updated!

Demo extended a little. Added a couple new audio tracks to the game (ones I composed), cleaned out some bugs/errors and I've made some modifications to the Timed Hits due to some feedback about the timing being a bit too difficult for some. The window for a successful timed hit has been widened a little bit. I also added in a system for footstep sound effects.

On a personal note, I've developed carpal tunnel in my right hand. I'll be slowing down for a little while before I continue with Sin Tax. I need to get some health stuff sorted out first.

Also, the demo will now be hosted on my website:
    http://www.studiodaeera.com

For anyone curious, my sound-cloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/studio-daeera

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Kemsyn likes this.