Single Legendary Encounter (Similar to Mewtwo or Articuno in Pokemon)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Moo :D, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Moo :D

Moo :D Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi Community! :D

Is there anyway to set up a random encounter that is a one-time deal, similar to the legendaries in pokemon? What I mean is, the encounter (if it takes place) only occurs once. After which the enemy troop cannot be encountered again. What kind of eventing would I need to make this happen? Thank you all for your time! I really appreciate it and look forward to hearing your advice!

~Moo

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  2. Milennin

Milennin "With a bang and a boom!" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just place a self-switch on the event that activates after the player interacts with it. Then make a 2nd tab on the event that is completely empty and activates under the condition of the active self-switch.

cybrim likes this.
  3. Dinamic Creates

Dinamic Creates Project Stealth | Project Dungeon Trios Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The page of the event that triggers the battle, needs to turn the selfswitch ''A/B/C/whatever you may like'' ON, and create a new page on the event with the condition of having the selfswitch that you have chosen before to start that page of the event.

If you want it to be a random encounter, I would recommend to make it an event with no graphic, this event would start when the player touches it and the event should be moving so it rarely gets on the same place.  

If you want the battle to possibly happen on other maps, you would use a complete switch, so when the battle happens, the switch will lock every event attached to it, (the events that represent your boss).

Sorry if I didn't explained well. Hope it helped.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, random encounters are exactly that - random and randomly repeating.

For one-time battles, you'll need evented battles - whether as map events or as a common event (or even as a troop event transforming one enemy if not yet switched off) that is your decision.

5. LoganForrests

LoganForrests Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Andar

It's not impossible but does require some work. You could set up a script that would be able to look for an encounter containing assigned one-time enemies and prevent that same encounter being chosen again.

But since this is a section about game mechanics, I don't think such a thing would be a good idea. It would definitely be much more player friendly to have a one time event that they can control when they would like to battle it. If it really is a one time event, I would hate to happen across such an encounter when in the worst possible situation and be unable to actually win.

If, however, it was an encounter like Suicune or Entei which was randomly encountered and moved to another area until it was caught, I don't think that would be a bad implementation. The difference is simply that it isn't a one time event here but is rare and hard to get without some commitment.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  7. Kaza

Kaza Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm not sure if any of the previous answers were exactly how you wanted, but you can easily use an event with 1 switch and 1 variable to handle this.

Create an event with 0 conditions - This will make the event start as soon as you enter the map. You can set a condition so that you can't actually encounter this enemy until something happens.

Trigger: Parallel

Use a conditional branch script: $gamePlayer.isMoving() - This checks to see if the player is moving.

Set Variable to Random 0-10000 - This is the probability of encountering the legendary enemy. You probably want this a large range as it changes the variable VERY fast.

End Conditional Branch

Use another conditional branch: If Variable is equal to 10000

Battle Process: Legendary Enemy

Set Switch to ON - Turns the switch on to indicate that the enemy has been fought once.

End Conditional Branch

Make a 2nd event page with the condition that Switch is ON. - Makes a 2nd page that overrides the 1st page IF the enemy has already been fought.

Done.

8. Ultimatony

Ultimatony Veteran Veteran