Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes ofcourse, but there's no number values assigned to such(maybe if the default script is made to assign numbered values to each of the settings, instead of going by its function's key word, which would be dumb, you may need to script it that way, but as far as eventing goes, there's no numbered values applied to the act of setting a variable), that's what I was getting at with that reply.
What kind of data are you working with when you operate on variables, if they are not "number values"

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, talk about making a simple thing complicated. Both suggestions will work equally well. Zoltor's requires 3 variables, Engr. Adiktuzmiko's requires 1, with a little more work on the shop exit event.

Let's not go saying other people's suggestions are wrong just because they're not the same as what we might suggest, when they do work, and just leave it to the OP to decide which one is easier to understand.

You're saying if you go from map 1, set a 1 variable, and if you go from map 2 set a variable for 2,.
This is NOT what Engr. Adiktuzmiko was saying at all.

All you're doing is recording the map ID of the map you're on when you transfer to shop, that's it, no values need to be set)
Recording the map ID of the map you're on IS setting a value. In fact, with your method, you're setting THREE values.
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rob007