LadyDeath1138

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi there! I have another request.

I've noticed that the piano doesn't really look like a sprite can "sit" in front of it. They either look like they're standing on the graphic or just too far away from the keys. I found a keyboard graphic, but it doesn't look right either. Does anyone have a piano graphic that achieves this? Thanks in advance!
It's for VXA
Example of the issue below:

Issue.png

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem isn't the piano... it's the character. You have to edit the sprite and make it sit on the chair in photoshop or gimp. Since the sprites are kinda small and pretty hard to notice little details, I think you can get rid of most of the legs and paste it over the chair and save that as a character. You can move the whole thing a few pixels up if needed to make them seem nearer to the piano.

LadyDeath1138

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's an interesting solution! I'll try it and see if it works.

LadyDeath1138

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I seem to be having an issue with properly resizing the image. I know the characters are generally 32x32 pixels, but it doesn't register correctly in RPG Maker.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The default size of character is 32x32 for Ace but it can actually be anything. You just have to make sure that each 'box' is the same size. Box as in... if the image can be divided into three columns and 4 rows then some boxes can be imagined, right? Those boxes have to be same size. So, your entire image will be width_of_one_frame*3 x height_of_one_frame*4. I'm bad at explaining but what I mean is if your sprite is 32x32, then your image size will be 32*3 x 32*4 and it's like that for anything other than 32. Just make sure that the sizes are even, not odd.
Or if you want, you can post the images here and me or someone else can do it for you.

LadyDeath1138

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The only graphics I have that I can do that with are the RTP stools, but I can post the custom character, right? Or should I post both?

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both would be helpful.

LadyDeath1138

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's my character, the RTP with the piano and bench, and an example of what I did with my character.

$Mordred.png
Inside_B.png
$MordredPiano.png

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to do it, idk if it's good enough.
Normal
$Chara.png
Raised up by 18 pixels
$chara2.png
Also, since the stool is now apart of the character, you can make it an event in the map, when the player interacts with it, change player graphic to this one and turn on a self switch and move to the next page with event graphic set to none, position player as needed. This will make it look like the character is sitting there. Once you have to end it, change the event graphic back to the roiginal and turn off the self switch.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i tried to add hands with the option of stepping animation to play piano animated
(not tested)

example img:

piani edit.png

edit
and perhaps this music event could also be helpfull
(also not tested)

=>the problem with sitting is that a chibi sprite is to small to sit (cut the feet),in order to have the hands high enough ,thats why i used "stand on chair"..

Edit

edited the Imgs they can be found here #13

Last edited:

LadyDeath1138

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Both of you are absolutely amazing! Thank you so much! I will test both to see what works. I'll let you know what happens!

LadyDeath1138

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I cannot stress how much I appreciate the help. This has been quite frustrating, but I've gotten a result that I'm satisfied with after hours of fiddling with it.

Issue Resolved.png

Thanks again!

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cannot stress how much I appreciate the help. This has been quite frustrating, but I've gotten a result that I'm satisfied with after hours of fiddling with it.

View attachment 175848

Thanks again!

sry i just tested it and figured out that the stepping img didnt worked like it should..
(i should have tested it in the first place ,before uploading.-.)

so i builded a full event out of it.. and also made another one with a taller chair.. that way sitting is possible.. while having the hands high enough..
=> i also made the animated hands and hair look better..

And i edited the musik note aswell , i think this one is also better than before
(its also possible to use several musik events at the same time,next to each other or below each other)

to make sure the old Imgs wont be used i deleted them from the older posting..

In some Cases using a Char Anchor Plugin could be helpfull
(can be used to change the anchor of an event_char)

(this Plugin is only for rpg MV)

Attachments

• $Mordred_stand on chair.png
    $Mordred_stand on chair.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 4
  • $Music note.png
    $Music note.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 7
  • $Mordred_Sit on Tall chair.png
    $Mordred_Sit on Tall chair.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

LadyDeath1138

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm afraid that the sprite still appears too far back for it to work, but that's okay. The result I ended up with is fine, and you are still going in the credits for the music notes, and the help you've provided. (Anyone in the credits of my game is entitled to a free copy, so when it's finished, I'll let you know!)

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm afraid that the sprite still appears too far back for it to work, but that's okay. The result I ended up with is fine, and you are still going in the credits for the music notes, and the help you've provided. (Anyone in the credits of my game is entitled to a free copy, so when it's finished, I'll let you know!)
that can only be changed by changing the anchor of the event, but i only know a plugin for RPG MV that can do that..
..Or you would have to relocate the piano on the tiles image in order to give the event the room to get as close as on the example IMG..
(thats because of the Grid in the RPG_editor, as long the piano is on its own grid ..you can try to put it betwen 2 grids .. so that the event can get closer.. sry i cant explain it better)

however as long as its solved nevermind^^

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voting for the second round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/map-madness-2021-polls.187/
Just bought the Visustella All Waves bundle... Time to go IN!!
Oh, I was just confirmed I'll be doing small online classes during june - july, on one side I'm nervous and looking forward it, on the other one: I've became the very thing I swore to destroy. :kaodes:
Work starts today at 2pm. I hate jeans, but the dress code says I have to wear them... That's how I discovered I was a plus size. Shopping for my first pair of jeans.
Anyhow, I'll post a new video on TheDazzlingsAreBack as soon as I'm able to.
dEj6ha4.png

WIP :)
Added some cliffs / walls / roofs to the tilesheet and am currently working on roof objects to make them prettier and more variable. And of course, windows and doors that fit to the game's style.
I also adjusted the grass color but i have some issues with my display, so if it looks weird, please let me know :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yatsuzuka_Kou