BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I was changing things around with the core scripts and encountered an unexpected performance glitch this morning that I can't seem to fix. For example my surface world is a case of lag city for some unknown reason, while the title menu has a sudden delay to it. Tried to fix it straight up with plugin checks/redaction and shifting overnight display responsibilities but I'm getting nowhere. I also attempted to redact changes that I made as well to see if I did anything off that and yet I'm still stuck.

EDIT: I'm changing the purpose of this request, and it may require a relocation or correct me otherwise. The issue for which I initially opened this request is now resolved, however the part that got me stuck is that it was for a context-based soundtrack (like in Metroid Fusion to name an example). As this is what ultimately bricked the surface world in the course of unanticipated conflicts arising from recent project edits I'm now considering alternative methods to implement and/or improve upon this mechanic.

Last edited:

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, how did you implement the context-based soundtrack in the first place? A full screenshot of the event you used to change it (or a link to the plugin you used to change it) may help.

If you're sending a call to change the BGM every single frame or something like that, it's understandable you'd be taking a tour through Lag City.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oddball part is that it wasn't much of an issue before. I think I had five situation-related calls, one for incoming telepath contact from a central NPC (again, this is all plot related) and two which are thematic tracks relative to an equal number of crew members per track (so one track each for the respective crew members). And of course you have the requisite voyager tracks for ocean and sky transport.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right, but what are you doing to call these tracks?

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically I was using the standard, built-in PlayBGM call for each track and the equivalent call to change vehicle BGM, all in a central stacked event that forces while out on the surface map.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, please forgive the early update (I know it's not 48-72 hours since the last time) however I can finally confirm that have settled on a workaround regarding my issue thanks to the guidance provided here. What I ended up doing is to use stacked control switches - one to play the BGM and another to affirm playback. The one that affirms playback has started turns the other one off and vice versa, so if I'm not playing on the surface world the initiation switch is flipped on (by which I mean positioning in case there are some doubts among yourselves) and when you return to surface world travel the initiation switch is turned off, the BGM track changed and the confirmation switch flipped back on. Or something like that - seems that I'm having an issue with the explanation. Situation-based tracks are now handled the same way, and the tracks themselves placed in map events relative to the respective control switches.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shangri