Sixth's Mini-Games - v1.2 (13/12/2015)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Sixth, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    - Sixth's Mini-Games

- Intro:
    I have been making mini-games for RPG Maker VX Ace for a while now, but never bothered to clean my code for them, let alone publishing them.
    But I decided to share these scripts now.
    When I finish with the code clean up for my other mini-games, I will add them too.
    Note that all of my mini-games require at least 2 of my other scripts. Those are:
    - Mini-Game Base
    - Picture Number Drawing
    These are included in the demo.
    Currently, there are 3 mini-games in the demo below, and these are:

- "Stay In Range" Mini-Game:
    Code:
    #===============================================================================
    # * [ACE] "Stay-In-Range" Mini-Game
    #===============================================================================
    # * Made by: Sixth (www.rpgmakervxace.net, www.forums.rpgmakerweb.com)
    # * Version: 1.1
    # * Updated: 08/12/2015
    # * Requires: Sixth's Picture Number Drawing
    #             Sixth's Mini-Game Base
    #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # * < Change Log >
    #-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # * Version 1.0 (29/11/2015)
    #   - Initial release.
    # * Version 1.1 (08/12/2015)
    #   - Re-worked the code. This script now requires my Mini-Game Base script too!
    #   - Changed the script calls. All of them are explained in the Mini-Game Base
    #     script (except the mini-game starting script call)!
    #   - Added popups to show the player when the game starts/ends.
    # * < Description >
    # * This is mini-game script, where the player needs to keep a cursor in the
    #   range of a moving and shrinking bar.
    # * The player can earn scores from winning in the game too. You can use these
    #   scores in eventing.# * Settings for making infinite difficulties.
    # * Completely image based! The images used can be changed during the game too!
    # * For scripters: Easily implement this mini-game into any scenes!
    #   All you have to do is to create a mini game instance and loop it's update
    #   method (along with the Input and Graphics update methods) until the game
    #   is finished.
    # * < Instructions >
    # * Refer to the script's header for usage information!
    # * < Installation >
    # * Place this script below Materials but above Main!
    # * < Compatibility Info >
    # * No known incompatibilities.
    # * < Known Issues >
    # * No known issues.
    # * < Terms of Use >
    # * Free to use for whatever purposes you want.
    # * Credit me (Sixth) in your game, pretty please!
    # * Posting modified versions of this script is allowed as long as you notice me
    #   about it with a link to it!

- QTE (Type 1) Mini-Game:
    Code:
    # * [ACE] QTE (Type 1) Mini-Game
    # * Version: 1.1
    # * Updated: 13/12/2015
    # * < Change Log >
    # * Version 1.0 (08/12/2015)
    #   - Initial release.
    # * Version 1.1 (13/12/2015)
    #   - Fixed a typo which resulted in reading the BGM change settings from the
    #     "Stay-In-Range" mini-game instead of this one.
    # * < Description >
    # * This is a mini-game script, where the player needs to press buttons at the
    #   right time. So, it's a timing mini-game, can be called a "quick time event"
    #   (QTE) mini-game as well.
    #   scores in eventing.
    # * Settings for making infinite difficulties.
    #   is finished.
    # * < Instructions >
    # * < Installation >
    # * < Known Issues >
    # * No known issues.
    # * < Terms of Use >
    # * Posting modified versions of this script is allowed as long as you notice me

- QTE (Type 2) Mini-Game:
    Code:
    # * [ACE] QTE (Type 2) Mini-Game
    # * Version: 1.0
    # * Updated: 13/12/2015
    # * < Change Log >
    # * Version 1.0 (13/12/2015)
    #   - Initial release.
    # * < Description >
    # * This is a mini-game script, where the player needs to press buttons at the
    #   right time. So, it's a timing mini-game, can be called a "quick time event"
    #   (QTE) mini-game as well.
    #   scores in eventing.
    # * Settings for making infinite difficulties.
    #   is finished.
    # * < Instructions >
    # * < Installation >
    # * < Known Issues >
    # * No known issues.
    # * < Terms of Use >

- Demo:
    You can get the demo with the scripts here: https://www.mediafire.com/?pbncoik5eca2ai2
    The demo contains all the mini-games and the necessary scripts too!
    Also some additional scripts are included, but those are not required for the mini-games! All credits for the additional scripts go to their respective authors!
    All graphics used for the mini-games in the demo is made by me. You can use them if you want.

- Videos:

- "Stay In Range" Mini-Game:

- QTE (Type 1) Mini-Game:

- QTE (Type 2) Mini-Game:

- Author's Notes:
    In the demo, I made different settings for different difficulty levels.
    The "Insane" mode is usually not meant to be put in a real game. They are almost impossible to finish (in the case of "Stay In Range" mini-game) or they are simply not worth to do due to the low amount of scores the player will earn from them (in the case of QTE (Type 1) mini-game).
    You can, of course, change all settings if you want, I just wanted to make something annoying in the demo for each mini-games. :p

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Cerveau, NeirdaZT, Kim_Shyuen and 6 others like this.
  2. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Demo updated with a new mini-game!

Did some code rework to support my to-be-released mini-games easier in the future (less code to be written for a mini-game, because of some shared parts).

My mini-games now require my Mini-Game Base script (included in the demo) too along with my Picture Number Drawing script (also included in the demo)!

Stay tuned for the next mini-game! *-*

Dymdez likes this.
  3. ninjalex

ninjalex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Looks awesome! Always nice to have some mini games in a game.

I'll definitely :D   check out the demo later. 

Sixth likes this.
  4. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Added another mini-game! o_O

And fixed a minor bug in the QTE (Type 1) Mini-Game.

5. Nanaki_Fan

Nanaki_Fan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    These are great!! Nice job. We need more mini games for ACE :)

Sixth likes this.
  6. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thankies!

Here is a teaser from the next one: 

[​IMG]
    Pixel collision based, fully animated, a shooter mini-game engine. :D

Dymdez and Nanaki_Fan like this.
  7. hoppedongoofballs

hoppedongoofballs Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    WOW!  this...looks...AWSOME!! :guffaw:

hey, just a question but...are you interested in making a racing mini-game? or a mini-game called "tower" (fable reference)

Sixth likes this.
  8. mardin

mardin "...pretty please?" Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I love these minigames @Sixth ! Thanks for sharing

I tried to change the script but I just keep messing it up, so I need to ask: I want to change the background Image of the minigame (in this example for QTE2...but I am pretty sure I will need it for the other ones too) when the player plays it in a different area or another event. So I would have multiple backgrounds in the folder like back1a - back1b -back1c and so on. When the player plays the minigame with npc1 he will see back1a, when he plays with npc2 he will see back1b (I hope it is clear what I try to achieve). Can I make this happen somehow or is this not possible?

Sixth likes this.
  9. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ahoy! 

Yes, you can do that by using the provided script calls in the script.

It is explained in the Mini-Game Base script.

So, just use the image changing script call before you start the mini-games in your events. I did this in one of the events in the demo too for changing the button images.

You can change any images in the mini-games.

mardin likes this.
  10. mardin

mardin "...pretty please?" Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Yes! Found it, and found even more because of the explanations of the base script.  I don't know why I did not look at the base script first.

Thanks!

11. dinhbat3

dinhbat3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Great Mini Games!

Agreed!! I love Mini games =D

Had a couple of questions about the Stay in Range Mini

1. Can the Win condition be changed to reaching a certain score? Maybe even showing a "Success" Bar instead of a "Fail" Bar?

2. I was tinkering around and got the game to work using a simple event that was initiated by the action button, but when I tried to get "fancy" and had it trigger based on a parallel process that checked the Players X/Y position against an Event's X/Y position, it would pop up the game and music and start button, but once the start button is pressed, the images immediately disappear, but the music stays on. I am not sure what is the difference between the 2 set ups. Posted both below in spoilers. Anyone with thoughts?

This is the event that works as expected

Range_Event_Working.png
    Event that doesn't work

Range_Event_NotWorking.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
    Sixth likes this.
  12. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Both ways work for me.

Although keep in mind that if you do this with a parallel process event, the player can actually move around the map while the mini-game is still on screen.

I recommend that you make that parallel process event turn ON a switch only, which will in turn activate an auto-run (common) event, and that will prevent the player from moving around while the mini-game is active.

Like this:

Parallel Event:

[​IMG]

Autorun common event:

[​IMG]

It doesn't have to be a common event if you only plan to use it on one or on very few maps, a regular autorun event works fine too.

As for the changes you would like...

Unfortunately, I don't have much free time nowadays, got lotsa commissions to work on, so I don't think that I can make these changes anytime soon, sorry.

dinhbat3 likes this.
  13. dinhbat3

dinhbat3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the quick response!

The auto-run Common Event worked. I will tinker around with the script some to see what I can make it do.

Keep up the great work

14. Sakurahan01

Sakurahan01 Sakurahan Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Are you taking any mini game requests? I am looking for a cooking mini-game, kind of like the game like Cooking dash where you have to cook food and serve it to customers. I am making a cooking tycoon game where the player can do jobs for NPCs. this cooking mini-game is one of the jobs you get while playing. Each day you work at the job your job rank will go up until you get promoted. I am also looking for a cleaning mini-game as well with the same concept except you are cleaning up after NPC or cleaning up items. :)  

15. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ahoy!

Sorry, I do not make free scripts at the moment, busy doing commissions. 

You should try the script requests section, maybe someone with enough time will do it for you.

16. Quilly

Quilly Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! Really like these scripts, especially the QTE Type 2. Regarding that one in particular, is there any way to make the success window on the objects easier? It seems a little unforgiving to have the objects fall at a decently fast speed when the window to successfully hit is so small. Thanks!

17. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I made this script a good few years ago, so I don't remember all the details, but from what I saw, you can play with the :goal settings of the trigger images to make the success timing easier or harder. Just make those values higher to make the timing easier.

Btw, that insane mode was made to troll the players. It is possible to finish even that mode (I did it a few times), but it's extremely hard to do so, which is exactly what I would expect from a real "insane" mode.

18. khaaaaa

khaaaaa Warper Member

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello! These scripts are really beautiful. Thank you for distributing! Btw, can I specify the location of the trigger in QTE type 2? (Using Excel or time values etc...) I want to create a short rhythm game using this script. Thank you all the time! (Sorry about my bad English)

19. Cerveau

Cerveau Villager Member

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Can this QTE's especially "Stay in Range" one be modified to be used in story events, like calming gimmick of hiding mechanic in a horror game? Or are these QTE's solid minigames?

20. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You can check if the player failed or succeeded in the mini-game in your events. What you do with the result is entirely up to your eventing skills.
    So, yeah, it can be used for such mechanics, no modifications needed for that.

Cerveau likes this.