Skill Animation Layers

Random Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Has anyone managed to find a way to have a Skills animation play in front or behind of a targets Z index depending on its position? For example, if there were two enemies, Target 1 and Target 2 and you attacked Target 2 which was in the back, the Skill animation would still play on Target 2 but the animation would play in front of both targets. When it actually should be playing in front of Target 2 but behind Target 1.

I found this thread:
Which can make a skill play behind the Enemy or Actor Sprite.

As well as seeing that Yanfly managed to achieve this with Actor and Enemy sprites in the Battle Core plugin.

So I was thinking this might be possible to do with Animations this way as well. Any insight or help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

RoseRainblood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping this as I'm curious about this too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

have another character sheet! ill probably add some more details before i make my thread for this project
Every time the official RMWeb account makes a post, I think it's @Eliaquim writing it!

It's driving me crazy, but it's also wonderfully hilarious.
// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter