nemeanDragon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have it as Fomar0153_SkillBuy.js That has to be the problem because I noticed your name is not that. It has to be exact or it won't work.
That was the issue!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

what is the name supposed to be on the ap system plugin?

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fomar0153 Is it possible to make upgradable skill with AP point? So for example I want to upgrade skill X to lv 2 with 1 AP point so I dont have a long list of skill as the game progress, but upgraded starting skill which has better and stronger effect.

Last edited:

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you use this to buy passive skills from your passive script?

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Fomar0153 Is it possible to make upgradable skill with AP point? So for example I want to upgrade skill X to lv 2 with 1 AP point so I dont have a long list of skill as the game progress, but upgraded starting skill which has better and stronger effect.

Not with this plugin no. The easiest way to achieve what you want would be a tiny plugin that allows you remove a skill when learning another. You could try plugin requests.

Can you use this to buy passive skills from your passive script?

Yes.

Zeption

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
is it possible to somehow make a second skill tree? like a second "learn skill" so i can divide skills from each other

Marc1982

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
E
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi I am new to chat forms and I am not a programmer. but I just started using RPG maker MZ and I found your amazing plug in. But I feel like a tool asking this but where do I put the <ap: n> in so I can learn skills? I have put it in every where in the skill that I see notes. but it is still not showing up. I am typing ap: 10.... Help a Noob out. Thanks.

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey Fomar0153, how difficult would it be to modify this so you could spend "gold"/"gp" to buy skills instead of using AP? probably outside of my capabilities because I'm an absolute scrub at JS (and that might be too generous) but it seems like it'd be pretty easy for either you or anyone who knows what they're doing.

pf111

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I'm considering use of this plugin to implement skill trees, so I'm wondering, what else is needed for that? The help text states that you can lock certain skills behind other skills (so you make branches from logic), but I asume it doesn't include a graphical interface for placing icons, tooltips and the sort.

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
is it possible to somehow make a second skill tree? like a second "learn skill" so i can divide skills from each other
Not easily, you'd have to copy and paste the plugin and then edit the copy slightly.
Hi I am new to chat forms and I am not a programmer. but I just started using RPG maker MZ and I found your amazing plug in. But I feel like a tool asking this but where do I put the <ap: n> in so I can learn skills? I have put it in every where in the skill that I see notes. but it is still not showing up. I am typing ap: 10.... Help a Noob out. Thanks.
You put <ap:n> in the notebox of the skills.
hey Fomar0153, how difficult would it be to modify this so you could spend "gold"/"gp" to buy skills instead of using AP? probably outside of my capabilities because I'm an absolute scrub at JS (and that might be too generous) but it seems like it'd be pretty easy for either you or anyone who knows what they're doing.
You'd need to edit this line, e.g. "ap" to "GP":
JavaScript:
this.drawText(parseInt(skill.meta["ap"]) + "AP", x, y, width, "right");
(wow did I really hardcode AP?)
Then change:
JavaScript:
  Window_StatusBase.prototype.drawActorAP = function(actor, x, y) {
    this.changeTextColor(ColorManager.systemColor());
    this.drawText(Fomar.APSystem.vocabAP, x, y, 48);
    this.resetTextColor();
    this.drawText(actor._ap, x + 84, y, 36, "right");
  };
to
JavaScript:
Window_StatusBase.prototype.drawActorAP = function(actor, x, y) {

};
Then change:
JavaScript:
return (this._actor._ap >= parseInt(item.meta["ap"]) && (!this._actor.isLearnedSkill(item.id) &&

to:
JavaScript:
return (this._actor._ap >= $gameParty.gold()) && (!this._actor.isLearnedSkill(item.id) &&

And finally change:
JavaScript:
this.actor()._ap -= parseInt(this.item().meta["ap"]);
to
JavaScript:
$gameParty.loseGold(parseInt(this.item().meta["ap"]));
Hi, I'm considering use of this plugin to implement skill trees, so I'm wondering, what else is needed for that? The help text states that you can lock certain skills behind other skills (so you make branches from logic), but I asume it doesn't include a graphical interface for placing icons, tooltips and the sort.
No the way this displays it is like this (watch for triple attack):
dSGjpiV.gif

pf111

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the quick response, one more question ¿Is it possible to reset spent AP?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1,Randomly generate events with planted spawner events(great flexibility for customization and auto-match player's level)
2,Randomly enter roguelike dungeon
3,Player can exit dungeon or back to town or choose to challenge BOSS at the end of each dungeon
4,Dungeon maps can be randomly generated by a third-party tool
Got locked out of the house yesterday... best friends who had the spare ghosted me. Locksmith had to literally drill thru the lock bc they couldn't pick it. Whole process took 4 hours and far too much money. And they have to come back next week bc they don't have the right cylinder, cause it's an old interlocking lock. I'm livid lol
 I’m probably going to regret this, but I need kobolds for my project and I’ve decided to sprite them myself. This is Attempt #1, front view only.

KoboldFront.gif
It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwiras