Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Description
This is just a simple skill cooldown that works, (hopefully).
No fancy features, nothing special. Just skill cooldown, in case you want something simple with no extra unnecessary features.

Visual, because everyone like visual.

Usage:
Put <cooldown: x> in your skill notetag. Replace x with the turn number more than 1. Because if you use 1, it will be usable in the next turn. It does prevent the skill being used in the same turn however if you use action times more than once in the enemy.

Download:
Save this whole code as a new plugin, drop it in your plugin folder

Terms:
Free for commercial

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
would it be possible to make it real time like the atb? like with milisecond instead of turn

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No, I follow the standard on turn end when updating the cooldown.
Besides, with ATB or TPB, you're going to wait until your bar filled before you could command your character. Why having skill cooldown off before you could enter a command?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I see you plan to make the cooldown text customisable! If you use drawTextEx to draw the cooldown, I think that'll allow text codes. Could also look into "warm-ups", i.e. skills that cannot be used for the first X turns of battle. :)

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I see you plan to make the cooldown text customisable! If you use drawTextEx to draw the cooldown, I think that'll allow text codes. Could also look into "warm-ups", i.e. skills that cannot be used for the first X turns of battle. :)
I actually have the more advanced skill restriction in my end including warms up and custom skill cost in my end, however, while that allows more flexibility, I personally don't use those functions that much in my own game. Thus, the reason why I simply release the cooldown only plugin is that, that is the one I need.

I do have a plan for that though, but it probably going to be a different plugin instead of updating this one. The skill cooldown only plugin will stay.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I can suggest, cooldowns for items would be great thing, too

nemeanDragon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In the skill box I have <cooldown: 10> and I have the plugin installed and turned out, yet when I test it out in combat, there are no cooldowns in effect. Are there steps I may have missed?
Sorry to bother you, and thanks for the plugin!

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, I follow the standard on turn end when updating the cooldown.
Besides, with ATB or TPB, you're going to wait until your bar filled before you could command your character. Why having skill cooldown off before you could enter a command?
Well, i'll just have states that seal the skill and have action end as the removal. I'm using wait ATB and i dont think this will be compatable with it, unless you add a feature that counts an actors action as a turn

nemeanDragon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When we save the file, what does the name need to be?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When we save the file, what does the name need to be?
Theo_SkillCooldown.js

The current version has no plugin parameters so the file name doesn't matter as much, but it's still a good idea to retain the original name for support, load order warnings, etc. :kaothx:

nemeanDragon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Theo_SkillCooldown.js

The current version has no plugin parameters so the file name doesn't matter as much, but it's still a good idea to retain the original name for support, load order warnings, etc. :kaothx:
Thank you! I could be wrong, but for some reason the plugin was doing nothing when I had it incorrectly named. I then saw the correct name in the URL header when I downloaded it. So once I change it to the filename you just supplied, it seems to work perfectly! Thank you so much!

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you! I could be wrong, but for some reason the plugin was doing nothing when I had it incorrectly named.
You may have forgotten to save your project before testing. Plugin Manager changes are only applied to the project when it is saved, but battle test doesn't force a save before launching. :)

pap

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
japan
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want to apply the cooldown only in battle
If you use it on the menu screen, please remove the cooldown application

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
There is now a demo released for [Beyond the Mirror]! Check the team recruitment thread to learn more!
'Tis the season to see shipping prices and go 'Yikes'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ytviews123