The Classy Prostitute
- Mar 17, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Skill Costs Script V1.1
Created By Neon Black
What is it?
This script allows you to define additional skill costs using tags in skill's notebox. There are numerous different conditions you can add aside from the standard MP and TP costs and all of them will need to be fulfilled in order for the skill to be available.
How can I use it?
To use it, just add any of the following tags to a skill's notebox.
- cost[5 mp] - This requires the user to have a certain amount of mp and will consume that much mp. mp can be substituted with hp, tp, or gold. Note that hp can not go below 1, so if the cost is 15 hp, the user must have at least 16 hp to use the skill.
- cost[10% mp] - This requires the user to have a certain percentage of their mp remaining and will consume that amount. mp can be replaced with hp, or tp. This will be added to the base stat cost, for example, you can have a skill require 7 + 5% of mp by using both tags.
- cost[all tp] - This does not require the user to have any tp, but will consume all remaining tp after the skill has been used. This is not like using cost[100% tp] for that reason. Also, tp would be removed after all damage has been dealt so you can use the current tp in the damage calculation. tp can be replaced with mp or hp in this one. Also, using cost[all hp] WILL kill the user.
- cost[4 i3 item] - Requires the party to have 4 of item number 3 in the inventory. The item is consumed on use. You can also replace "i" with "w" or "a" to require a weapon or armour to be in the inventory. More than one of this tag can be used at a time.
- cost[state 3] - Requires the user be inflicted with state 3. Upon use, the required state will be removed from the user. More than one of this tag can be used at a time.
- need[state 3] - Same as above except the state is not removed.
- need[w 8] - Requires the user to be equipped with weapon 8. "w" can be replaced with "a" to require an armour be equipped. More than one of this tag can be used at a time.
- need[actor 2] - Requires actor 2 to be present in the BATTLE party. More than one of this tag can be used at a time.
- need[switch 6] - Requires switch 6 to be turned on. More than one of this tag can be used at a time.
- need[variable 6 5+] - Requires variable 6 be greater than or equal to 5. You can also use need[variable 6 5-] for less than or equal to, or use need[variable 6 5] to require variable 6 be equal to 5. More than one of this tag can be used at a time.
- need[type 4] - Requires a weapon of type 4 to be equipped. This tag works exactly like the weapon type requirement drop downs on the bottom of a skill and was added in case you want a skill to work with 3 or more weapon types. You can have more than one of this tag in a skill, but the weapon type must only match one.
This script overwrites several of the methods used to check if a skill can be used and for that reason is not likely to work with other skill cost scripts. If you would like me to add skill cost requirements or would like me to make it compatible with another script, just post here or PM me.
How can I get it?
Version 1.1 (base script, 7.19.2012) is available from my pastebin account here.
I would like to use this code.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://cphouseset.wo...d-terms-of-use/.
Little late on script 4 for my week of scripts (yup, I'm still doing that). I made this script first because I wanted to be able to use HP as a skill requirement. Then I just kept adding possibilities as I came up with them. Mainly I just wanted HP as a skill cost, more than just 2 weapon type requirements, and some way to set TP to 0 AFTER the skill was used so I could do a cool calculation like "damage = 5000 * a.tp". Anyway, I may have gone a little overboard and had a bit of trouble explaining how stuff works in a concise manner, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Any requests, please ask them. As always, enjoy!
Last edited by a moderator: