Mcniner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like a plugin that allows players to create their own skills in game in a menu, and then maybe level them up through use.

deus69xxx

Ultima Ratio Regum
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if the first version of what i read that as is what you're looking for, i'm not too sure there is or will be a plugin for that: i don't think there's a way for a player to "create a new skill" for the database. leveling skills there are plugins for, but not that.

now if the second way i read that is correct, which is: "i need a plugin that will let my players select which skills they can have," that's more likely, though i can't make it, though i'm sure that part can be evented. and still, there are plugins out there for leveling skills.

KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the closest I could imagine through eventing would be a creation system similar to how you make spells in Morrowind

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like a plugin that allows players to create their own skills in game in a menu, and then maybe level them up through use.

The only way to manage this would be to create a plugin that works like this:

You make dummy skills(skills that do nothing) have the plugin load them into a list the player can choose from and when they select two dummy skills, the plugin looks for reference to a "Real skill" noted with the two dummy skills and returns the result to the player who then gains said skill.

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmmm... using yanflys plugins, create armor slots called skills, create armor for these skill slots which contain slots for inserting items. create items with the characteristics you want to add and map the combination of these characteristics into skills (may require some programming, but i think its a bit naive to think something this complex would be solved easily), like:

Code:
<damage formula>
   value = 0;
   // state X below would be a cure mark given by the item in skill slot 1
   if(a.isStateAffected(X)){
      b.gainHp(500);
   }

// state Y below would be a fire mark given by the item in skill slot 1
   if(a.isStateAffected(Y)){
      b.gainHp(-500);
   }

// state Z below would be a protect mark given by the item in skill slot 1
   if(a.isStateAffected(Z)){
      b.addState(W); // W being the protect effect state id
   }
<damage formula>

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A plugin that allows this that actually works probably isn't super difficult to make, but definitely doesn't exist right now.

The first hurdle is the fact that all skills are always referenced from the database, and the database is essentially unchangeable during the run time. And by that, I mean, you can change the database skills during runtime, but those changes are not stored in the saved game, and will revert automatically if the saved game is loaded.
To fix this, you'd either need to make every combination of every set of "things" a skill can do, and use that to create the illusion of making the skills from scratch to the player using events, or modify the way the database is loaded for skills.
While option 1 is the easiest from a plugin perspective, as it literally needs no plugin at all, it's not an easy method for the end user, and any changes to any one "part" of the spell creation process means changing every single individual spell that used that part, which is a database management nightmare.
Option 2 is probably doable, by saving the "created" spells into its own, save specific data object that is saved in the save data, and then on savegame load, appending the spells to the end of the database list, allowing them to be learned and referenced like any normal skill.

Once you pass the first hurdle, all you'd need is some sort of interface to actually build the skills from, and a fairly basic one could be made from a simple series of choice lists, or a yanfly common event menu.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I hope things go well tomorrow. I think I might be coming down with a cold, so gonna warm up some chicken soup and sleep.
Status too sad. Pls delete, mods. Thanks.
The most important thing to design your game for is fun. If a game isn't fun, why would anyone want to play it? Well, that and "can you play the game?". Anything else is incidental.
I just realized that I have been on this site for nearly 1/3 of my life...
How awesome is that?! Just in love with those eyes!!
Made by @Kato-A !
Hakuen double size_Kato.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alerxuwu