Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm using this formula to calculate damage for a basic magic attack:

(((a.mat + a.level * 2) - b.mdf) ** 1.33) + (a.mat / 2)
fgdf.PNG
and this formula for a basic physical attack:

(((a.atk + a.level * 2) - b.def) ** 1.33) + (a.atk / 2)xdthtf.PNG

The physical attack works, but it seems that whenever I replace a.atk with a.mat the formula stops working. Is there something I'm missing?

- Thanks in advance

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why are you using "**" instead of "*"? On a side note, I typically use "(4 / 3)" instead of "1.33".

TicklishWasabi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
(**) is the symbol for using an exponent.

Also, it just started working for some reason, I went in and changed the a.atk's/a.def's one at a time instead of all at once and now it's working, and I'm not sure why. Maybe there was an extra space somewhere I didn't see or something.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
0 damage usually means the formula errored out, but as I couldn't find anything wrong with the original formulas written down, I'm not surprised that it's working for you now after a more careful modification!

@TicklishWasabi Is it alright if I close this topic as Solved since the formulas you initially wrote down ended up working for you?

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The curse of retail: you get ideas, you want to make something with those ideas, but because you're always at friggin' work you can't actually do anything with them.
Quexp wrote on lumimae's profile.
Welcome! :)
Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed (geez... what a long name) is my favorite racing game, I've spended lots of hous leveling my characters, learning new techs and polishing my runs. My friends don't want to play with me anymore because I'm too good according to them :kaoeh:
In 1314, King Edward II banned football. This is your random, useless bit of historical trivia for the day.
Ami
my USB Cable (which i buy myself since tuesday,it's the best pick one),has been exchanged with my mom's USB Cable (from my dad a few moments ago) :rtear:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LksTTV