Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm using this formula to calculate damage for a basic magic attack:

(((a.mat + a.level * 2) - b.mdf) ** 1.33) + (a.mat / 2)
fgdf.PNG
and this formula for a basic physical attack:

(((a.atk + a.level * 2) - b.def) ** 1.33) + (a.atk / 2)xdthtf.PNG

The physical attack works, but it seems that whenever I replace a.atk with a.mat the formula stops working. Is there something I'm missing?

- Thanks in advance

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why are you using "**" instead of "*"? On a side note, I typically use "(4 / 3)" instead of "1.33".

TicklishWasabi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
(**) is the symbol for using an exponent.

Also, it just started working for some reason, I went in and changed the a.atk's/a.def's one at a time instead of all at once and now it's working, and I'm not sure why. Maybe there was an extra space somewhere I didn't see or something.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
0 damage usually means the formula errored out, but as I couldn't find anything wrong with the original formulas written down, I'm not surprised that it's working for you now after a more careful modification!

@TicklishWasabi Is it alright if I close this topic as Solved since the formulas you initially wrote down ended up working for you?

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got accepted into the architecture degree. Now I have all the doubting questions. Have to give them an answer in the next few days.
Just realized I have a few Steam gifts floating around. Anyone need RPG Maker MV or XP (Steam only)? Send me a message and I will send them on over!

EDIT: Just an RPG Maker MV gift remaining! XP has been taken.
*when you can do the Unity tutorials, but when you actually try and convert it to your own knowledge, it fails horribly*
Hi, I made a game for a competition. I need some players to help play and vote for the best game.

https://ekamu.itch.io/not4ever
don’t forget to rate the game here

Voting is open until 12 August.

Thanks.
Progresses. Tonight: refinemment, column, pitfall, bump and gutter (I'll leave doors for last, they are scary).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vicpalomo