Nate_Tillern

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this may just be an issue of me not knowing the name of the function I want to call, BUT:

I would like to have skills that take the element of the weapon that is equipped by the user. I planned to do this by simply using a bunch of conditionals in the formula bar, but I realized I don't know any function (and have not found one) that adds an element rate in the formula bar. What I would like to do is something that would look like:

a.hasWeapons($dataWeapons[ExampleIceWeapon]) ? addElementRate(ice),a.atk*4 - b.def*2 : a.hasWeapons($dataWeapons[ExampleFireWeapon]) ? addElementRate(fire),a.atk*4 - b.def*2 : a.hasWeapons($dataWeapons[ExampleThunderWeapon]) ? addElementRate(thunder),a.atk*4 - b.def*2 : a.atk*4 - b.def*2

Is that the right approach? And if so how do you phrase the function that adds elements and how do the arguments look? Or is there a more straight forward approach that I have missed?

Thank you for your time and help!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Its as weremole said, if you want a skill to use the weapon element, you simply need to set the element of the skill to "Normal Attack Element"

Nate_Tillern

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow, I don't know how I never realized the normal attack element thing works for that. Thank you.

There are some skills which have an element, but I'd still like them to also add the element of the weapon. Is there a function that I can put in the bar that tells it to do "normal attack" element in addition to the element I specified above?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray9unn