hoboayoyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I’m trying to create the following system where certain equipments equipped to certain characters will temporarily give them certain skills.
I’ve looked at this plugin https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/equipment-common-events.57234/
But have been getting [type error cannot read property length of undefined] .
I’m trying to find the most practical way to do this. I’m thinking if I ran it from a common event I would just be doing big if statements all day like.
-if character hero
-if earth argument is equiped
-if skill A is not learned
-Learn skill
(Than repeats for every other skill that that character can learn)
I was thinking if i had it check the note tags for the requirements that might be easier.
Let me know if this needs any more explanation.or if I need to move this to another category in the forums.
Thanks.

Binder28

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's actually a standard rpgmaker vx ace thing...I am not sure if it's still in MZ since I don't have it...but where you put the features in your weapons (like states, parameters, etc)...there is a tab with skills where you can add skill type, or specific skills....those will only appear on your character if he has the equiped weapon...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please generate the error, hit F8 to open the developer tools, go to the console tab, and grab a screenshot and post it here. The error message on its own isn't useful.

hoboayoyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Think it can read it from the notes like
<skillLearn: equipID,ActorID,LevelReq>
If equipID,ActorId and LevelReq are all true.
Learn skill.

I’ll get a check at it when I can thanks.

Error page.
1606259426965.png1606261179406.png

Ok, so weird stuff.
Turning off all the plugin's and removing all the note tags gives me this error at the equip screen
type error cannot read property of 'etypeid' of undefined'
I than backed up the my JS files and replaced them with a fresh version of MV, still the same issue.
I think I may have JS file that changed / missing. but i never touched the main JS files.

1606264417318.png

Better error line1606265082906.png

Looks like it might be an issue with the save file, looking into it.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

hoboayoyo, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I've merged your six posts together. Please just use the 'Edit' button next time.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hoboayoyo we only need the console log, not the other ones which is irrelitive.
as well, can you show your plugin database?

My guess is that your plugin order is in the correct order, missing a plugin,
or your miss something in the notetag (which is usefull as well which one you used).

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you even need a plugin for that? Why don't you just add the skill from the traits section of the equipment in question?
1606310008419.png

hoboayoyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
ok, so it looks like it was the save file that was causing the issue... weird.

hoboayoyo

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Because different actors will acquire different skills.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincentus