SwiftSign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've started using sumrndmdde's skill extender system, but I've found the display of the skills somewhat annoying - the window stretches depending on the skills (endlessly, if you have too many).

I was wondering if someone with the know-how could make an addon to make the height (and perhaps number of columns too) of the box that opens for an extended skill customisable.

Skill Extender link: http://sumrndm.site/skill-extender/

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you reloaded the game after closing the super tools engine?

SwiftSign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you reloaded the game after closing the super tools engine?
Yep, tried lots of different things (including in a new game) and height always reset.

Edit// this seems to be the bit specifying the height. However if I write ____px it doesn't work :( Javascripppttt

Window_SkillExtend.prototype.updatePlacement = function() {
this.makeItemList();
this.height = this.fittingHeight(this._data.length);
this.x = (Graphics.boxWidth - this.width) / 2;
this.y = (Graphics.boxHeight - this.height) / 2;

After a couple dozens failures I just realised I could add a fraction and some basic javascript to make it:
this.height = this.fittingHeight(Math.round((this._data.length)/2));

Although if anyone knows a cleaner way please feel free <3

Last edited:

SumRndmDde

Follower of RNGesus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SwiftSign
Oooof, looking back on it, letting the window grow without a limit is not the smartest idea. :rswt
I have updated the plugin with a parameter that allows you set a "maximum" amount of visible rows for the window.

Alternatively, if you wish to continue modifying the code yourself, simply input the columns you wish into the function to make it work:

this.height = this.fittingHeight(2);

will set the window to have 2 columns.
So using Math.max, you can do:

this.height = this.fittingHeight(Math.max(this._data.length, 10));

to make it so there will be columns to fit the amount of choices, but remain at 10 if there are more than 10 choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I had a birthday party earlier today. No-one showed up. ;_;
yay my offer is up :) joys
@wrigty12 hi! thanks for showing interest in my work. Sadly the tablet I'm using broke, so I wasn't able to create anything for weeks. Got a new one with display, I'm still not used to it though, so I'm still practicing, doing basic drawings again. Also I'm in my last year of college. Thesis, projects and other activities takes most of my time ;_;.
I'll get back to it whenever I get a free time.
Any artists here planning on participating in the Inktober art prompts this October?
It's right around the corner.
It's rpg maker related so I'll post it here, I worked on a little free rpg maker zine and this was my piece. Play Grimm's Hollow if you haven't already, I liked it a lot. (i don't remember if posting a link to a product even if free is allowed via profile posts, so if anyone knows lemme know)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grung