Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey (again).

I' looking for a simple Skill Levels script. The skill may level with points or with uses (don't need to be both).

But, I'm looking for some script that does not rises the skill's damage automatcly (I saw some scripts that makes skills damages rise by a X% per skill level). I guess it was a Dekita script for VxAce, it made a variable (like an stat - atk, def, mat...) that refers to skill level, enabling to use skill level in it's own formula.

The level up scene (with points) may be the default skill scene, and the skills may have tha level in it's name (Lv I, Lv 1, Nv. 1... or even just the number).

I was looking for something like that 

^^

gotnovicks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm guessing you already saw Mr. Trivel Skill Levels..? Since that one auto-upgrades. http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/51820-simple-skill-leveling/

You might be better off just sticking with Yanfly Skill Learn + JP. I have mine set so players only earn JP from level up, not through fighting enemies
this may work, but I already have 100 skills in my database (and there's much more), and all of them will have 5~10 levels... I'd have to create 500 skills to use it :/

And some skills are passives, they won't have uses to level up.

So I guess I'll use Learn Skill + JP plugins (Yanfly) as you said... @_@

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That sounds like an unreasonable number for one person to design... why so many?

Maybe you should dial skills back to 1-3 levels each, depending on whether the skill actually deserves upgrades. If you look closely, this is what Final Fantasy does... 3 levels of Fire/Fira/Firaga, 2 levels of Esuna/Esunaga, and so on.

Aside from the runaway scope, I guarantee that for your players, more levels = less interesting. Save yourself the effort, man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.<
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.
The BIGGEST immersion breaker for Sword Art Online is that Kirito keeps finding overpowered playstyles using "bad things nobody uses cuz its bad". Players WILL use bad gear BECAUSE it's bad.
When I said I'd make 20 games in 2020, I scared myself. Now it's mid-February, and I've made 6 games. So I got this. But, then again...do I got this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AstemirShaov