Skill Links

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

This script allows you to create "skill links" which are basically a way to connect skill effects together.

Skill links are purely a development concept: they are created to allow you to specify multiple behavior that should occur when a single skill is used. In particular, it allows a single skill to execute damage formulas and effects under different scopes.

For example, suppose you wanted to create a skill that damages the enemies, but also heals all allies as a secondary effect. By default, there is no easy way to accomplish this without resorting to common events or complex formulas, and even that may have its own limitations.

However, there are few things that you CAN do.

It is easy to create a skill that will damage all enemies

It is also easy to create a skill that will heal all allies.

This script introduces the link between the two skills: you simply specify the healing skill as a "linked skill" to the damaging skill, and now whenever you execute the damaging skill, the healing skill will automatically run as well.

Get it at Hime Works!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeviTheHuman

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a great idea! I may use this in my game. Thanks for creating it.

Aeternus

Hebitsukaiza
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i hadnt thought about such things but this is prety great =D

Definitely grabbing this =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's still here...
The main character for the first game was originally going to become a member of the party in the third game but I'm probably changing him to an important NPC instead. That brings the third game's total ensemble roster down to nine with one optional secret character.
Please check out my threads here:

1920's Character Sprites

As well as my YouTube channel:

Let's Play - 1927: The Age of Cthulhu
hi i would like to know if you could help me i am looking for resources for the character generator
I need medieval clothes, demon horns
Stress testing my latest version of the game with my new madness engine. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anistasya