Panda_Artist

Humble RPG Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good Morning / Day / Afternoon / Evening everyone.

I have a request for a certain kind of script.

However, I would like to implement an add on that by pressing a key on a character's status screen it would display an extra window with a list all the skills that character had learned, like in the Final Fantasy games.

Is there any easy way to implement these?

ZirconStorms

VX & VX Ace Scripts
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good Morning / Day / Afternoon / Evening everyone.

I have a request for a certain kind of script.

However, I would like to implement an add on that by pressing a key on a character's status screen it would display an extra window with a list all the skills that character had learned, like in the Final Fantasy games.

Is there any easy way to implement these?
Is there any particular button you'd like the player to press to see that window?
Also, how would you want the window to look like?

Panda_Artist

Humble RPG Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
just a simple window that replaces your character equipment. The default "ok" key on rpg maker would be perfect., then you could press the key again to return to the character's equipment. I would program it myself but unfortunately I am still a newbie on RGSS.

ZirconStorms

VX & VX Ace Scripts
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last edited:

Panda_Artist

Humble RPG Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, That was quick this is a great script!!

Unfortunately, I had forgotten about one detail... the status menu has a limit of how many skills are shown!

Perhaps it would be better to display a full window covering the entire status menu in order to show every skill the actor has learned, or maybe being able to scroll that very same skill window with the arrow keys...!

I hope this was not stressfull or anything. This script is indeed amazing!!

ZirconStorms

VX & VX Ace Scripts
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, That was quick this is a great script!!

Unfortunately, I had forgotten about one detail... the status menu has a limit of how many skills are shown!

Perhaps it would be better to display a full window covering the entire status menu in order to show every skill the actor has learned, or maybe being able to scroll that very same skill window with the arrow keys...!

I hope this was not stressfull or anything. This script is indeed amazing!!
Not really interested in essentially creating a new version of this script just because you forgot a detail.
Be super specific with your requests next time, so this stuff doesn't happen again.

Panda_Artist

Humble RPG Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Of course! Totally understandable. What you did is impressive though. Thank you for the effort.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ZirconStorms I'm stuck setting this to how the OP wants. Would you like to work with what I came up with?
Warning, it's probably not right.
It does not refresh the skills when changing players and does not show them properly and does not scroll.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy