KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so I just started a new project on my new Switch version of MV (which I got today) and I'm having trouble with coming up with skills. I have 12 classes in my game, which you can assign to any of your 6 party members in the beginning of the game. (Like in FF1) There are 4 magical classes and 8 physical classes. Obviously, the magical classes have many more overall skills than the physical classes, but this leads to a problem.
I have two classes made so far, the mercenary and the warrior. I want each physical class to have number of skills, but for some reason I was able to come up with far more warrior skills than mercenary skills. I currently have 22 warrior skills made but only 14 skills for mercenary. Can someone please come up with skills for me so I can get to 22 skills per class? Here are the classes and the skills I already have for them. (Outside of warrior and the magickal classes.)

Description: The mercenary is a generic "hero" or "Knight" type character who specializes in swords but can also use axes. A jack-of-all trades, this class is basically the Knight from final fantasy but without the defending. It's skills are called "Sword Arts", which rely on the sword to pull off blunt but effective attacks.

Created Skills
  • Arc Slash: Deal minor slash damage, hitting one foe twice.
  • High Slash: Deal minor slash damage to all foes.
  • Air Braver: Deal minor smash and wind damage to one foe with a chance to inflict paralysis.
  • Cross Slash: Deal moderate Slash damage to one foe with a high chance to crit.
  • Deflect: Raise your defense by one stage and deflect all incoming physical attacks for 1 turn.
  • Blood Strike: Deal moderate drain damage to one foe, draining HP from the targets.
  • Solar Slash: Deal moderate slash damage to one foe while restoring 10% of your max HP.
  • Lunar Strike: Deal moderate strike damage to one foe that pierces defense.
  • Guard Breaker: Deal major Slash damage to one foe while lowering a foe's DEF and WIS by one stage.
  • Turbulent Drive: Raise STR and SPD by one stage, but lower DEF by one stage.
  • Sonic Steel: Deal major light damage to all foes. Has a chance to inflict condemned.
  • Thunderous Impact: Deal major thunder damage to one foe. Afterwards, inflict stun on both the user and the target.
  • Heroic Finisher: Deal damage based on how low your ally's HP is.
  • Aura Cutter: Deal massive light damage to all foes while healing 20% of your max HP.
  • Solar Eclipse: Deal massive light damage to all foes, inflicting blind.
  • Shockwave: Deal massive thunder damage to all foes with a chance to inflict shock and paralysis.
  • Aether Rend: Deal massive slash damage to one foe, healing 20% of your max HP while piercing defense.
  • Sonic Blade: Deal severe slash damage to one foe, hitting 4 times.
  • Deathbringer: Deal severe dark damage to one foe with a chance to inflict instant death.
  • Arcala: Deal unreal slash damage to one foe twice with a high chance to crit.
  • Grand Cross: Deal unreal slash damage to all foes, having a chance to inflict nearly every status.
  • Ars Arcanum: Deal unreal slash damage to one foe, hitting 7 times.
Skills Created: 22/22 All Skills Completed

Description: A class which combines skillful spearplay with elemental blows. Has high LUK but has average stats everywhere else.

Created Skills
  • True Thrust: Deal minor strike damage to one foe with a high chance to crit.
  • Awakening: Raise your STR and SPD by one stage.
  • Cross Guard: Deal minor strike damage to one foe while raising your DEF by one stage.
  • Crescent Slash: Deal minor damage to all foes.
  • Flurry: Deal minor strike damage to 4 random foes.
  • Plunder Slash: Deal moderate strike damage. After use, gain x2 GP from that encounter.
  • Dominate: Inflicts Quick and Blink on the user.
  • Eye Poker: Deal moderate strike damage to one foe while inflicting blind.
  • Flame Rouge: Deal moderate fire damage to all foes while inflicting En-Fire on the user. Has a chance to inflict burn.
  • Icewalker: Deal moderate ice damage to all foes while inflicting En-Ice on the user. Has a chance to inflict freeze and frost.
  • Galvanize: Deal moderate thunder damage to all foes while inflicting En-Thunder on the user. Has a a chance to inflict paralysis and shock.
  • Tempest Wave: Deal major wind damage to all foes, hitting 4 times with a chance to inflict daze and confuse.
  • Cyclone: Deal major wind damage to one foe, hitting 6 times with a chance to inflict daze and confuse.
  • Sacred Rush: Deal major light damage to one foe, piercing defense. Has a chance to inflict blind condemned.
  • Ballistic Spear: Deal unreal strike damage to one foe, but become unable to move for one turn.
  • Puncture: Deal massive strike damage to one foe, piercing defense.
  • Atrocity: Deal massive fire damage to one foe with the chance to inflicting burn, oil, and hex.
  • Blizzard Flurry: Deal massive ice damage, hitting 4 random foes with the chance to inflict freeze and frost.
  • Thunder Surge: Deal massive thunder damage to one foe, then become immune to all physical attacks for one turn. This attack cannot be used multiple times in a row.
  • Sky Rend: Deal severe wind damage to one foe with an extremely high chance to crit.
  • Coup De Grace: Deal severe strike damage to one foe, hitting 3 times.
Skills Created: 21/22 1 Skills Remains

Description: A speedy class that relies on trickery and deception. Dual wields daggers.

Created Skills
  • Sneak Attack: Deal minor strike damage to one foe with a high chance to crit.
  • Trick Bomb: Deal minor fire damage to two random foes.
  • Steal HP: Steal HP from one foe.
  • Steal AP: Steal AP from one foe.
  • Serpent Strike: Deal moderate poison damage to one foe while inflicting poison.
  • Blinding Strike: Deal moderate dark damage to one foe while inflicting blind.
  • Mug: Steal HP and AP from one foe.
  • Barrier Edge: Deal moderate light damage to one foe while raising your DEF by one stage.
  • Trickster: Deal major strike and dark damage to all foes with a chance to inflict hex.
  • Elude: Gain the ability to dodge the next attack aimed at you.
  • Blade Dance: Deal major slash damage to one foe, hitting 5 times.
  • Chaos Strike: Deal major strike damage to one foe with the chance to inflict many statuses.
  • Nightmare: Deal massive dark damage to all foes while also inflicting sleep.
  • Greased Lightning: Deal massive thunder damage to one foe, hitting 5 times. Has a chance to inflict paralysis and shock.
  • Toxic Break: If the foe is inflicted with poison, deal unreal strike damage and dispel poison on the target. If not, this attack does minor strike damage.
  • Dark Break: If the foe is inflicted with blind, deal unreal strike damage and dispel blind on the target. If not, this attack does minor strike damage.
  • Void Blade: Deal massive dark damage to one foe, hitting 5 times with a chance to inflict many statuses.
  • Mistral: Deal massive wind damage to one foe, hitting 7 times with a chance to inflict confuse and daze.
  • Nightmare Break: If the foe is inflicted with sleep, deal unreal strike damage and dispel sleep on the target. If not, this attack does minor strike damage.
  • Chant Du Chene: Deal severe fire damage to all foes with the chance to inflict instant death.
  • Illusion Storm: Deal severe non-elemental damage to 4 random foes while inflicting blink on the user.
  • Duplicate: Create two shadow duplicates, allowing your next attack to repeat 2 extra times.
  • Millionth Edge: Deal 9999 damage to one foe. Uses a lot of AP.
Skills Created: 22/22 All Skills Complete

Description: A class with extremely high stats, but can't use armor. Dual wields fists.

Skills Created
  • Raging Fist: Deal minor physical damage to one foe.
  • Aura Cannon: Deal minor light damage to one foe.
  • Chakra: Heals the user a bit based on their STR.
  • Suplex: Deal moderate physical damage to one foe twice. Has a chance to inflict paralysis.
  • Drill Spin: Deal moderate physical damage to one foe, hitting 6 times with a chance to inflict break.
  • Fenix Dance: Deal major fire damage to all foes with a chance to inflict burn.
  • Mantra: Heals the user a lot based on their STR.
  • Lodestar: Deal major physical damage to one foe, draining HP.
  • Vacuum Wave: Deal massive wind damage to all foes with a chance to inflict confuse and daze.
  • Elemental Storm: Deal massive non-elemental damage to all foes, hitting 3 times.
  • Dark Pulse: Deal massive dark damage to all foes with a chance to inflict blind, silence, and hex.
  • Tiger Break: Deal severe physical damage to one foe with a chance of inflicting break and curse.
  • Genesis Light: Deal severe light damage to all foes. If the foe is weak to light, deal maximum damage.
  • Martyr: Restore all allies HP, AP, and statuses but give up your own life in the process. Cannot be revived afterwards until the battle is over.
  • Phantom Rush: Deal unreal dark damage to one foe, hitting 9 times with a chance to inflict silence and hex.
  • All Creation: Deal maximum non-elemental damage to all foes. Uses a lot of AP.
Skills Created: 16/22 6 Skills Remain

Description: A tank class with extremely high DEF and WIS but low SPD. Can use both light and dark magick.

Skill Created
  • Holy Blade: Deal moderate light damage to one foe, hitting twice.
  • Dark Bane: Deal moderate dark damage to one foe. Costs HP to use.
  • Guardian: Raise all allies DEF by one stage.
  • Sentinel: Raise all allies WIS by one stage.
  • Repentance: Enter a defensive stance. After the stance ends, deal damage equal to 2x the damage taking while the stance was active.
  • Dark Nova: Deal major dark damage to all foes. Costs HP to use.
  • Defender: Enter a stance where you now take any and all damage for allies with low HP.
  • Minus Strike: Deal damage equal to HP lost.
  • Iron Defense: Raise DEF by two stages but lower SPD by one.
  • Smiting Light: Instantly KO any and all foes weak to light.
  • Dark Nebula: Deal massive dark damage to all foes. Costs HP to use.
  • Shield Bash: Deal massive smash damage based on your DEF.
  • Dark Flame: Deal massive fire damage to all foes. Does x2 damage to foes weak to dark.
  • Judgement Blade: Deal severe light damage to one foe.
  • Dark Flare: Deal maximum dark damage based on how close your HP is to max.
Skills Created: 15/22 7 Skills Remain

Note: This class only needs 10 skills, due to the mechanics of this particular class.

Description: A class that uses BP, or Bushido Points, to use powerful skills. 1 BP is gained every turn, and can be unleashed to use powerful Bushido Arts. Wields katana and light armor.

Skills Created
  • Wolf Fang: Deal moderate slash damage to one foe. Costs 1 BP.
  • Counter: Enter a stance where you counter the next attack done to you with a powerful slash that does damage equal to x2 the damage done to you. Costs 2 BP
  • Gravity Slice: Deal gravity damage to one foe equal to 50% of their max HP. Does not affect bosses. Costs 3 BP.
  • Missing Skill Goes Here
  • Flame Purge: Deal major fire damage to one foe while dispelling all positive statuses on the target. Costs 5 BP.
  • Nether Moon: Deal massive drain damage to one foe, draining their HP in the process. Costs 6 BP.
  • Peerless Illusion: Deal massive non-elemental damage to all foes while inflicting blind on yourself. Costs 7 BP
  • Blossom Storm: Deal severe non-elemental damage to all foes, hitting 9 times. Costs 8 BP.
  • Shin Zantetsuken: Instantly kill one foe. Costs 9 BP.
  • Secret Technique: Deal maximum damage to all foes. Costs 10 BP.
Skills Created: 9/10 1 Skill Remains

Description: A ranged class that uses bows to take out enemies.

Created Skills
  • Dancing Arrow: Deal minor strike damage to one foe.
  • Poison Arrow: Deal minor poison damage to one foe. Has a chance to inflict poison.
  • Hide: Become unable to attack for a couple turns, but enemies can no longer target you during te time.
  • Expedite: Raise all allies SPD by two stages, but lower their DEF by one stage as well.
  • Fire Arrow: Deal minor fire damage to one foe. Has a chance to inflict burn.
  • Ice Arrow: Deal minor ice damage to one foe. Has a chance to inflict freeze and frost.
  • Thunder Arrow: Deal minor thunder to one foe. Has chance to inflict paralysis and shock.
  • Barrage: Deal moderate strike damage to one foe, hitting 3 times.
  • Sniper Shot: Deal moderate strike damage to one foe with a high chance to crit.
  • Volley: Deal moderate strike damage to all foes.
  • Arm Shot: Deal moderate strike damage to one foe while lowering their STR by one stage.
  • Chest Shot: Deal moderate strike damage to one foe while lowering their DEF by one stage.
  • Leg Shot: Deal moderate strike damage to one foe while lowering their SPD by one stage.
  • Silencing Venom: Deal major poison damage to one foe with a chance to inflict many statuses.
  • Chaff Blast: Deal major strike damage to one foe while dispelling all positive statuses currently afflicted on them.
  • Flame Volley: Deal major fire damage to all foes with a chance to inflict burn.
  • Blizzard Barrage: Deal major ice damage to all foes with a chance to inflict freeze and frost.
  • Electrostorm: Deal major thunder damage to all foes with a chance to inflict paralysis and shock.
  • Arrowstorm: Deal massive strike damage, hitting 9 random foes.
  • Piercing Arrow: Deal massive strike damage that pierces defense.
  • Head Shot: Deal massive strike damage to one foe with a high chance to crit and inflict instant death. Has a low hit rate.
  • Stardust: Deal unreal non-elemental damage to all foes.
Skills Created: 22/22 All Skills Complete

127/142 Skills Completed

15 Skills Remain

Last edited:

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Killer Instinct: Attack buff
Insidious: Significantly increase attack on next turn
Swift Feet: Agility buff
Battle Hardened: Defense buff
Solar Eclipse: High damage attack, blinding enemies
End Game: Chance to one hit kill
Turbulent Drive: Put user into "rage" state
Giant Swing: Damage all enemies

I'm not sure about Giant Swing, it seems like a watered down Grand Cross. xD

KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like you're ideas! Keep them coming!

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mercenary:
Sword Stance / Axe Stance (alternate between the 2 stances, raising certain stats depending on which stance is accessed / maybe unlocking stance exclusive skills)
Blade Storm (strikes random targets, multiple times)
Thunderous Impact (high thunder damage, stuns target and user)
Axecution (raise attack if this skill killed an enemy / maybe only accessible during Axe Stance)
Heroic Finisher (deals more damage, the lower HP other allies are at)

For spear user:
Shield Piercer (ignores armour)
Wide Sweep (hits multiple targets)
Lucky Blow (high critical rate)
Impale (inflicts bleed)
Eye Poker (low damage, and inflicts blindness)
Ballistic Spear (extreme damage, but unable to use spear skills next turn)
Tactical Thrust (high damage, but auto-targets the enemy lowest on HP)

AfroKat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you need to expand outta the box. Currently he can use swords/axes and his skills are called Sword Arts, which almost all his skills are "Slash enemy, chance for x".

Braveheart: While below 50% HP gain X atk/def.

Flashing Blade: raises agi/hit/crit for X turns

Flex: at the cost of %hp you gain high str for this turn, doesn't cost an action

Victory Slash: deals double damage vs boss enemies

Tomahawk: throws an axe hitting a for, next turn they take the same damage again.

Crash: jumps this turn, next turn lands dealing x damage + % of enemies missing hp

Flourish: after battle/ killing a for regain some HP/MP

Blunt Smack: deals %hp damage and stuns the foe (or delays their current+next turn).

IMO when I have issues with skills I check other game series. Persona, Bravely Default, Final Fantasy etc etc

KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AfroKat I can't really do that as I'm using MV Trinity on Switch for this project, so no plugins. Most if not all of your ideas can't work without the right plugins, which MV Trinity does not support. Sorry!

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't mean this harshly but if you have so many skills that coming up with names for them is starting to be a struggle you might want to carefully consider if you've included too many skills. On a related note, your warrior classes seem very "magey" due to the wide variety of skills and effects they can invoke. While this might be desirable in certain design schemes, and I'm not a fan of the "Fighters have no skills and just attack" paradigm, generally speaking, having more passive abilities (like the ability to use heavier/better equipment, or various stat boosts) differentiates fighter-types from wizard-types.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleA2015