Skill Proficiency

BlackRaison

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Introduction
Gives each skill a rank and proficiency level that is increased by using that skill.

How to Use
In the note section of the skill add the tags

<Rank:n>

<MaxLevel:m>

n and m being in the range 0-inf

The amount of experience required to level a skill is determined by the current level and it's rank.

To make skills scale with level: Formula text field (Part of Damage) use plevel.

Ex.(10% stronger per proficiency level [Or not, maybe my math is wrong...])

(a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * (1 + plevel * 0.1)

If you want to set the "default" skill level of an actor.

When the actor joins your party create and event that runs the plugin command:

SkillProficiencySetLevel actorId skillId skillLevel

Ex. SkillProficiencySetLevel 1 24 20

Script
github

Update::11/28
Added Skill Level Initialization.

Update::11/26

Fixed Enemy 0 damage.

License
Free for non-commercial AND commercial uses. 

Last edited by a moderator:

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well this was unexpected, but looks really useful. Cool!

Thanks for making it!

ArcherBanish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I was just starting to type a script like this myself!

Shame I didnt have time to and you beat me to it.

I do get an error while running it because of YEA_Core if you are interested.

TypeError: Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 3 is non-finite.    at TypeError (native)    at Bitmap.gradientFillRect (file:///F:/RPGGames/CodeTest/js/rpg_core.js:781:24)    at Window_SkillList.Window_Base.drawGauge (file:///F:/RPGGames/CodeTest/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1182:19)    at Window_SkillList.drawSkillProficiency (file:///F:/RPGGames/CodeTest/js/plugins/SC_Leveling%20Skills.js:214:14)    at Window_SkillList.drawItem (file:///F:/RPGGames/CodeTest/js/plugins/SC_Leveling%20Skills.js:229:16)    at Window_SkillList.Window_Selectable.drawAllItems (file:///F:/RPGGames/CodeTest/js/rpg_windows.js:1250:18)    at Window_SkillList.refresh (file:///F:/RPGGames/CodeTest/js/rpg_windows.js:2234:10)    at Window_SkillList.setStypeId (file:///F:/RPGGames/CodeTest/js/rpg_windows.js:2146:14)    at Window_SkillType.update (file:///F:/RPGGames/CodeTest/js/rpg_windows.js:2062:27)    at file:///F:/RPGGames/CodeTest/js/rpg_core.js:5734:19rpg_managers.js:1618 SceneManager.catchExceptionrpg_managers.js:1579 SceneManager.updateThe SC_Leveling%20Skills.js is your script I just had mine whose file I just created open so I just jamed into that. It seams however to be a conflict with YEP_CoreEngine I'll look into it but I will still post this here in case anyone is interested. It seams to be caused wtih a problem while YEA_Core is doing the calculations on how much the gauge fills when the gauge is 0 it isnt much of an issue for people not using the script I would assume but ill look into it.
Otherwise good script I do enjoy what you did and I will most likely use it.

BlackRaison

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The script is name sensitive.

It has to be BLKR_SkillProficiency.js

OR

You can change the line that says "BlkRaison.Parameters = PluginManager.parameters('BLKR_AdvanceSkills')"

Change 'BLKR_AdvanceSkills'

to the name you saved it as.

ArcherBanish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I apologise by my noobish mistake. I kinda ended up forgeting that but I actualy saw my mistake right after that post.

Overall I do find this script interesing cause I kinda spent like a hour looking though it to see how it worked ( learned how to use notetags from it TY) because of the meaning of rank was wierd to me.

Anyway one sugestion I have might be to add a Level note tag to set the starting level of a skill to something other than 0 it won't take long to implement and I feel like it might be an improvement.

Thanks for making the script, I learned a few things from it and I will actualy use it [i'll butcher it a little bit though *takes out meat cleaver*] and it's almost what I was looking for.

Vendon

LVL 255
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses

This Plugin is really what an rpg game needs but I do have a problem with it. If the Plugin is turned on the enemys deal 0 dmg.

BlackRaison

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Derp.

Completely missed that.

Updated.

Vendon

LVL 255
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Thanks it's fixed now :D

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Do you put the tags for rank and max level on actors or classes or could it be either one.

ArcherBanish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Do you put the tags for rank and max level on actors or classes or could it be either one.
Neather its on the Skills notebox from what is said on the first post,

(Defining being able to define these tags on an actor or class basis would also be a nice adition again with the level tag it would let you do things like add a character that starts with a certain skill at a certain level Like Minwu from final fantasy II that starts with cure level 8 and what not.)

BlackRaison

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Neather its on the Skills notebox from what is said on the first post,

(Defining being able to define these tags on an actor or class basis would also be a nice adition again with the level tag it would let you do things like add a character that starts with a certain skill at a certain level Like Minwu from final fantasy II that starts with cure level 8 and what not.)
Great suggestion.

Just added something similar to that.

Ozuma

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It would be perfect if plevel also influence the default likelihood of skill accuracy. Simply perfect! *¬*

Vendon

LVL 255
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Hello. Is there a way to make the rank bein visible? Oh and one thing the help box is totally empty so I don't know the codes how to use it.

SweetieAshe

RM2k3 Old Guard
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was playing around with this last night and it's actually pretty darn cool... but for some reason, the right side of the exp bar is cut off? 

I was wondering if this was because of my resolution (just simple 1280x720) or if I've run into a bug or something?

Myst Desdemona

The Snark Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Swedish
It says level undefined for me on the experience bar. I tried to change the rank but nothing happens either. Any idea what this happens?

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Anyway you could add your directions into the help file so when I click on it in game, it'll give me the directions? It's hard to memorize everything about note tags and sometimes I need a quick reference...

Other than that, I love this <3!!!

Thanks !

CrimsonKirie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm getting an error after using a common event to add an extra spell to a characters repertoire.

The error is: TypeError: Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': float parameter 3 is non-finite.

at TypeError (native)

at Bitmap.gradientFillRect (file:///C:/Users/Nicky/MediaFire/MV%20Project/Witchsstory/js/rpg_core.js:781:24)

at Window_SkillList.Window_Base.drawGauge (file:///C:/Users/Nicky/MediaFire/MV%20Project/Witchsstory/js/plugins/YEP_CoreEngine.js:1076:19)

at Window_SkillList.drawSkillProficiency (file:///C:/Users/Nicky/MediaFire/MV%20Project/Witchsstory/js/plugins/BLKR_SkillProficiency.js:210:14)

at Window_SkillList.drawItem (file:///C:/Users/Nicky/MediaFire/MV%20Project/Witchsstory/js/plugins/BLKR_SkillProficiency.js:225:16)

at Window_SkillList.Window_Selectable.drawAllItems (file:///C:/Users/Nicky/MediaFire/MV%20Project/Witchsstory/js/rpg_windows.js:1250:18)

at Window_SkillList.refresh (file:///C:/Users/Nicky/MediaFire/MV%20Project/Witchsstory/js/rpg_windows.js:2234:10)

at Window_SkillList.setStypeId (file:///C:/Users/Nicky/MediaFire/MV%20Project/Witchsstory/js/rpg_windows.js:2146:14)

at Window_SkillType.update (file:///C:/Users/Nicky/MediaFire/MV%20Project/Witchsstory/js/rpg_windows.js:2062:27)

at file:///C:/Users/Nicky/MediaFire/MV%20Project/Witchsstory/js/rpg_core.js:5734:19

ThePotatoOfFire

8-bit Obsessed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to use Eval with this plugin? Is the "plevel" usable elsewhere? Also, instead of, say, Level 1 skill, it says "Lv Undefined". Any way to solve this issue besides the plugin command?

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Can you unlock a new skill when 1 or 2 skills reach a certain level ?

I'm asking this because I'm inspired by this :

Also does your plugin work with passive skills ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
A video once in a while won't hurt.
Have a craving for a Nesquik milkshake. No idea why. Haven't had one since I was a kid. lol. I remember them kinda tasting nice, but also leaving a lot of nasty powder at the bottom of the cup.
The more I think about it, the weirdest part of going to work post-virus will probably be getting used to seeing my coworkers' mouths again. :LZYshock:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guangdi