Skill Puzzle

Awesomeguy2561

Awesome
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When the player kills an enemy, they get a torn piece of paper. If they collect enough of the papers, they can learn a new skill from them. What I want is that when they click on skills in the menu, the number of different papers they have shows, and if they have a complete set, then it goes into a different screen where a sliding puzzle will be created with however many papers were needed for the skill. If they solve the sliding puzzle correctly, then they learn that skill.

I just want to know if there is some sort of script, or maybe if I can just input some things in the script manager. Help?

Also, look at this website for an idea: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/19851-how-to-make-a-sliding-picture-puzzle/

Thanks!

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
That can be done by eventing alone.

Use item > Common Event (Condition Branch: Check for item, repeat check for each item) > Transfer player to puzzle map if all items are there.

Record the player's X Y and Map ID to 3 different Variable before you transfer the player, so you can transfer them back to the previous area and position when you return.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
should be from the same common event that check all the items.

when all the items are there, call that puzzle scene.

i am not sure how that script work, but there should be a check that tells you if the puzzle is completed or not.

so add a new condition after you call the puzzle, and add a new skill when the puzzle is completed, do nothing if the puzzle isn't completed.

Awesomeguy2561

Awesome
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What command do I use to call the puzzle in?

Nevermind I got it.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
I am not using that script so there's no way i can know what it's doing with the calls or set ups.

You should check the original tread of that script or inside the script for instructions.

Normally a mini game with its own scene needs to be called using a script call. So check that script for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...
Oh, Google is now warning users against installing extensions on Edge Chromium
on my plate today- animation.
"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabershu