Skill Requirement

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Ichimaru Gin, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichimaru Gin

Ichimaru Gin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi guys, Idk if this is possible, especially because I am using falcao pearl abs but I would like to make a small skill requirement. I need my skill to only be accessible if you have a sword or katana equipped?  Can someone please tell me how I can make the skill check this and not be able to use the skill if the requirement isn't met. I don't want an overly complicated script that also does to much and not what I need.

Thanks in advance

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You control this at the weapon level.

On those weapons you want to give the skill, add a Feature for Add Skill.

When the weapon is equipped, the user will be given the skill. When the weapon is unequipped, the user will lose the skill.

I don't know if that script messes with the default behaviour, but it would be a very simple thing to test. If it doesn't work, say so and provide a link to the script, and I'll move the thread into the script support forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2013
  3. Ichimaru Gin

First Language:
    English
    Ok so I need to get a script called weapon levels? And shaz, the skill isn't based on a specific weapon, the character learns the skill but can only use it if he has a sword or katana. Like its a sword skill and you cant use a sword skill with out a sword..But I don't want every  sword to equip him with the skill, and equip the skill to followers who haven't even learned it.

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't say anything about a weapon levels script.

Okay, the extra information would have been good in your first post ;)

Can you go to the skill, and select Sword or Katana in the Required Weapon Types at the bottom? THAT should make the skill only available to people who have learned it AND have a correct weapon equipped.

If you only want SOME swords to enable the skill, then it goes into script mods.

5. Ichimaru Gin

First Language:
    English
    OMG I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT FEATURE......SMH thanks shaz

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The way you describe it, I'm not sure it's exactly what you want. But if you give it a go and it doesn't work, just do what the text below says :)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.