Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
I have updated the plugin to fix the main menu face problem. Please download the plguin again :D

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi There, I have a post on the Hospital plugin thread also but I thought this screen shot would help. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Because it could be, I am a little noobish =)  I'd really like to use these plugins in my project but there is no hurry for me. Thank you very much for even putting these out there for us to use.

Screenshot (7).png

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi There, I have a post on the Hospital plugin thread also but I thought this screen shot would help. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Because it could be, I am a little noobish =)  I'd really like to use these plugins in my project but there is no hurry for me. Thank you very much for even putting these out there for us to use.
Would you mind clicking on the error (on console) and capture screenshot for me? ;)

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is what came up when I clicked the skill shop error.

Screenshot (8).png

cjewell77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Try actor.actorId() === 1 and actor.currentClass().id === 1 :D
Can you do the same for multiple class's? for instance I have a warlock and a witch I want to be able to learn the same spells. Ive tried the following

actor.currentClass().id === 6

actor.currentClass().id === 9

Ive also tried

actor.currentClass().id === 6,9

Any ideas?

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
This is what came up when I clicked the skill shop error.
Maybe you had some problems with downloading the plugins. Try to save this:

Hospital: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/suppayami/yami-engine-delta/master/build/Hospital/YED_Hospital.js

Skill Shop: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/suppayami/yami-engine-delta/master/build/SkillShop/YED_SkillShop.js

Can you do the same for multiple class's? for instance I have a warlock and a witch I want to be able to learn the same spells. Ive tried the following

actor.currentClass().id === 6

actor.currentClass().id === 9

Ive also tried

actor.currentClass().id === 6,9

Any ideas?
Try this:

actor.currentClass().id === 6 || actor.currentClass().id === 9

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Updated v1.0.1:

- Added Plugin Command: OpenSkillShop X X X

Please try the new plugin command if you cannot open the Skill Shop :)

cjewell77

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Cephalophane

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is a really useful plugin, thank you Yami!

I'm looking forward to being able to hide skills from characters who can't buy them.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yami,

How would you set up so only certain actors can learn the skill? Nevermind I figured it out, I was using the wrong syntax in the requirement string. I was using actor.actorId() < = n, instead of actor.actorId() <= n

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yami,

I'm now having an error that is stating "TypeError Cannot read property 'faceName' of undefined" when I hit the learn command. I'm using Yanfly's SkillLearn Plug-in but I wanted to have some skills be bought from the store not in the main menu. Could that be the issue, or is there something else going on?

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Yami,

I'm now having an error that is stating "TypeError Cannot read property 'faceName' of undefined" when I hit the learn command. I'm using Yanfly's SkillLearn Plug-in but I wanted to have some skills be bought from the store not in the main menu. Could that be the issue, or is there something else going on?
Hello,

Do you have YEP - Class Change Core in your project? If yes, please update that plugin and try again :)

Anyway, you can update my Skill Shop plugin for the fix too :)

LeoHeart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How would I go about setting custom costs for skills using YEP - JP system?  What do I call in the <Buy Custom Cost>?

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey, awesome script!  I have one question about something I want to do that I'm not sure how, or if it is possible.

I want every actor to gain a "skill point" when they level up, which they need to spend here to learn skills.  I don't want to use items for this, because I want it to be based on each actor (so that the player cannot dump multiple skill points all into 1 actor for example).  

If this is outside the scope of this plugin then I apologize, and will post this question somewhere else.  Thank you!

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to hide the skills from a certain class so other classes can't see it on their list?

omega9380

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I do have a suggestion.  A new notetag called <Group>, that works with the plugin command OpenSkillShop.  For example, instead of having:

OpenSkillShop 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You could set the <Group> notetag in the skill, and run the command:

OpenSkillShop BlackMagic

Just an idea!!  Thanks!!

omega9380

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Need some help with my notetag.  I need to restrict the skill not only by class, but also by level.  Here's my notetag from one of my skills:

<Buy Custom Require>
actor.currentClass().id === 4 || actor.currentClass().id === 6 || actor.currentClass().id === 8 || actor.currentClass().id === 10 || actor.currentClass().id === 12;
if ( actor.currentClass().id === 6 || actor.currentClass().id === 12 ) { actor.level > 8; } else if ( actor.currentClass().id === 4 || actor.currentClass().id === 10 ){ actor.level > 9; }
</Buy Custom Require>

<Buy Cost Gold: 1500>

The class eval is working OK, but I dont think the level eval is working correctly.  Can anyone see where I fudged it?  Thanks!

omega9380

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nevermind, I got it figured out.  I went too crazy with the If statements, turns out that I didnt need that else if or the curly brackets, I just needed 3 if statements all on one line.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.
That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.
When I open my project and I'm like, hell yeah.
Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrashWizard