MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, maybe I'm goofing up here or maybe someone can point me at a plugin that works. Though I prefer to ask if I'm messing up in the data base first and being dim before dipping into Java Scripts. Here's the set up, with visual aids.

cyro.png
Cyro is an equipment that sits at ID 61. It teach a skill that sits at ID 57 in the skill list.
cyro-skill.png
Then we get to Acid Rain, an item that sits on ID56 and teachs a skill that sits at skill ID 79.
acid rain.png
acid rain skill.png
Logically, Cryotherapy should be above Acid Rain in the skill list. Only;
2020_10_11_18_10_31_886_1884.png
That's not the case in testing. So something's going wrong.

So either something's wrong in the database, or and I just thought of this while making the topic; Skilled gained by way of equipment will always be pushed further down the list than non equipment skills. Is there a way to fix this?

Cezar_cr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have checked if same thing would play on a project of mine. Same result as yours. The skill learned from an item came up on top. I couldn't find a way to change that, maybe the answer is in scripting.

May ask, and I don't mean any harm, but why is it inconvenient to your game?

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have checked if same thing would play on a project of mine. Same result as yours. The skill learned from an item came up on top. I couldn't find a way to change that, maybe the answer is in scripting.

May ask, and I don't mean any harm, but why is it inconvenient to your game?

I realize this isn't terribly inconvient other than organzation and plot. Plot wise the "Armor/Accessory" skills are closer to a "Major" verison of the more minor monster skills you get so I wanted them to be accessed first rather than scrolling down.

To easily picture this, think of a game where when you turn into a Black Mage or Warrior, you'd have to scroll aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way down past all your Blue Mage spells to get to your actually 'Class" abilities.

I could just move the big plot/themed skills under Techs but I was just hoping I was being a dumb with the database rather than scripting. I'll have to find one of those that work but this isn't something that completely shatters my demo/proof of concept thing I've been working on. An annoyance.
one I spent like half an hour trying to solve, cause I'm dumb and obsessive like that

Cezar_cr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I realize this isn't terribly inconvient other than organzation and plot. Plot wise the "Armor/Accessory" skills are closer to a "Major" verison of the more minor monster skills you get so I wanted them to be accessed first rather than scrolling down.

To easily picture this, think of a game where when you turn into a Black Mage or Warrior, you'd have to scroll aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way down past all your Blue Mage spells to get to your actually 'Class" abilities.

I could just move the big plot/themed skills under Techs but I was just hoping I was being a dumb with the database rather than scripting. I'll have to find one of those that work but this isn't something that completely shatters my demo/proof of concept thing I've been working on. An annoyance.
one I spent like half an hour trying to solve, cause I'm dumb and obsessive like that
Don't be like that. I get it we want to make it as perfect as we have it in mind. I spent countless hours on much less important details myself... :rhappy::elhappy:
Make the demo happen, then you can fuss through it later ; ]

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't be like that. I get it we want to make it as perfect as we have it in mind. I spent countless hours on much less important details myself... :rhappy::elhappy:
Make the demo happen, then you can fuss through it later ; ]

Yeah, it's one reason I've been trying to do quick and dirty solutions along with reworking certain parts. But sometimes I get caught up on something that's like "OH This is a simple fix" and spend like half an hour making no progress on anything cause it wasn't.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In last 5 years, I have bought 4 MSI computer components and had issues with all 4 of them. With two of them these issues were so huge the board was quite unusable. I think it's safe to day it's my last MSI product purchase.
Thanks Thesaurus.com for letting me know another word for 'noted' is 'noted'.
The capital city of Lindenburg everyone. "Capital"

Map043.png
been trying to up my action sequence game and I'm not entirely sure what to do, even with tutorials out there. but I think I'm heading in the right direction with some attacks.
I've started brainstorming an entry for IGMC 2022. One hour of game length and first ten minutes to grab the reviewer's interest. Here we go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoysDontCry