brunovisk2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much Mr. Trivel It worked perfectly! but there's only one problem, we have to use the same skill to steal both skill or itens

I think it would be better if there were 2 different tags for them like [steal] for items and [skill steal] for skills. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Trivel

Glasses
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
@Lionheart_84,

Not considering sounds or icons. I'll probably add different tags for item, skill or both stealing.

@brunovisk2,

No problem.

RetroNutcase

Jolly Cooperating Sunbro
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A small thought, to make things more interesting...How difficult would it be to add a modifier to steal chances based on stats? IE, allow a user's luck, or agility, a combination, etc, influence the steal rate? Basically allow the user to plug in a formula that is added to steal chances.

By the same token, what about allowing gear to influence it? IE, tag an item with a bonus chance to steal that applies to attempts so you can do something akin to Final Fantasy's classic item, the Thief Glove?

That said, love this so far!

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much Mr. Trivel It worked perfectly! but there's only one problem, we have to use the same skill to steal both skill or itens

I think it would be better if there were 2 different tags for them like [steal] for items and [skill steal] for skills. 
Although I had made this request ....

@Lionheart_84,

Not considering sounds or icons. I'll probably add different tags for item, skill or both stealing.

@brunovisk2,

No problem.
Ah , well, I can not wait you add the icons and sound !!!

TheTsunaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lionheart_84 If you're using Yanfly's Battle Engine Core, Action Sequence 1 can be used to add a sound effect to the skill.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@Lionheart_84 If you're using Yanfly's Battle Engine Core, Action Sequence 1 can be used to add a sound effect to the skill.

The plugins you mentioned you , deliver its matter ... however the sound should feel only managed to steal ...

EX : if the theft is successful you will hear the SE " Equip " .

EX : if the theft was not successful , he will hear the SE " Miss " .

I realized that I want to say ???

TheTsunaru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah yeah, that would require a bit more work, it currently would only have the ability to make a sound upon use rather than a conditional sound (unless I'm missing something, I'm not much of a scripter myself)

Draw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Nice plugin.

An option to center the battle log would be nice too.

brunovisk2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Indeed Draw, I don't know if it',s only in my project but the message that appeara after u steal something vanishes very fast, it would be better if I stays there for a little biy more time, but I'm not sure if it's require plugins adjustment or something else xD

Anime_Fusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Name: Skill: Steal

Version: 1.2

Author: Mr. Trivel

Created: 2015-10-29

What does it do?

Allows for actors to steal items and skills from enemies.

Enemies can have finite amount of items to steal.

How to use?

--There's 2 stealing modes:

Mode 1:

Player tries to steal all enemy items at once (rolls against each item and checks if he stole it).

Mode 2:

Player tries to steal 1 enemy item. (rolls against all items and checks where it lands)

--Setting up:

Requires 2 steps.

Step 1:

Place <steal> in your Steal skill's note field.

Step 2:

Place any amount of <steal: X, Y, Z, K, L> in enemy note field.

X - Type of item to steal - w, i or a - weapon, item or armour.

Y - Item ID

Z - Steal chance - 0.00 - 0%, 0.5 - 50%, 0.78 - 78%, 1.00 - 100%, etc.

K - Amount of items stolen on success

L - Amount of items steal can be success for this item

E.g.

<steal: w, 7, 0.75, 1, 2>

Script: <Link: Github>

How to download Script. Click the link above, there will be a button named Raw, press Right Click -> Save As.

Demo: <Link: Mediafire> (v1.2)

Legal:

Free for non-commercial games.
This is amazing. You rock! I tested it and everything works! Maybe add a variable for gold as well? But so far, it's the best steal plugin I saw. Super fast setup as well. :D

Anime_Fusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Here are a couple screenshots for anyone confused. It works very easy. You can even add multiple lines to each enemy for multiple chances to steal several items.

stealshow1.png

stealshow2.png

saphirweapon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Indeed Draw, I don't know if it',s only in my project but the message that appeara after u steal something vanishes very fast, it would be better if I stays there for a little biy more time, but I'm not sure if it's require plugins adjustment or something else xD
It is not only you. In my project the text itself vanishes that fast that it can hardly be read by the user. This problem is the the only thing between me using this script, Otherwise its working perfectly. Thanks for that !

Clyve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance at getting the steal results displayed in a skill window like other skills using Yanfly's battle engine?

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
nice it works!

is there a way to change it so stealing an item is a different ability than stealing a skill on the same monster?

jet_black

Hopeless & Hardboiled
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Unfortunately, it doesn´t work for me.

I did put <steal: i, 1, 1.00, 1, 1> in the Enemies note area and also created a skill "Steal" with the tag <steal>.

Screenshots are attached.

screenshot-enemy.JPG

screenshot-plugins.JPG

screenshot-stealskill.JPG

oniichanjones

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is amazing. You rock! I tested it and everything works! Maybe add a variable for gold as well? But so far, it's the best steal plugin I saw. Super fast setup as well. :D
I second the request to add gold to the mix as well. Otherwise, this works for like, six different classes I'm working on.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Trivel will it work for Yanfly Passive states.
Like a Skill or Passive State to steal Opposite Battlers Passive state, for that Battle, and revert to default on battle end.

This have to work on Actors and Enemies alike, maybe Class too...

ethervagabond

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is great. I just have one question. Is there any way to make the message that shows what was stolen appear on the screen a little longer? Can the script be edited to do this or is there a way to do it in the maker? It appears and disappears so fast I can't even read it, and I'm not a slow reader lol

Edit: Also, I'm wondering if there's any way to say, multiply the steal chance by a stat like agility or luck?

Last edited:

MrBakerZA

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Guys.

Thanks for the tutorial. Super simple and easy to get going. The only "issue" I'm having is that when I use the steal command in battle, the character does a steal check for all items and steals accordingly. This results in more than 1 item being stolen at once. Is there a way to force the steal check to ensure that if the check is a success on more than one item at a time then only one item is stolen and the command will have to be used again to try and steal multiple items that the enemy is holding instead of everything at once?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabiaryl