Skill Sub-menu Script? (similar to Mother 3/Earthbound)

Corboblan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For a while now I've been trying to find and figure out a script that replicates the PSI and menu in Earthbound/Mother 3. It separates the skills into different categories (attack, recovery, and assist) form of each attack. There will be an image attached so you guys can get the picture

GBA--Mother 3 english translation_Mar6 14_10_51.png

As seen when clicking on the skills selection, two new menu's popup with one where you select the type of attack, then choose which attack to use within that category. If anyone would be willing to help me out that would be amazing. Thanks:cutesmile:!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
RGSS3 Scripts is where you post completed scripts, not ask for scripts.

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
select the type of attack
That all sounds like the normal choices already in game.
In your game editor go to the terms tab and in there is skill types. Change the names or add on more.
Then you just need to make sure your actors / or classes can use that skill type by adding in the skill type to the features area.

Corboblan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I couldn't be more dumb haha.

Thanks so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why you do this? Now I have to buy the new RPG Maker xD
I've always dreaded planning for my games so I just didn't plan at all. That... didn't work out after all. :kaosigh:
Turns out it can be kind of fun if you keep the scope small and don't take it way too seriously.
well... for the first time in months... I feel like my game is headed towards something again. I finally have it where I won't be drawing battle assets for the rest of the year...
What I would give to actually get some feedback on my game...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sayb