Skill Sub-menu Script? (similar to Mother 3/Earthbound)

Corboblan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For a while now I've been trying to find and figure out a script that replicates the PSI and menu in Earthbound/Mother 3. It separates the skills into different categories (attack, recovery, and assist) form of each attack. There will be an image attached so you guys can get the picture

GBA--Mother 3 english translation_Mar6 14_10_51.png

As seen when clicking on the skills selection, two new menu's popup with one where you select the type of attack, then choose which attack to use within that category. If anyone would be willing to help me out that would be amazing. Thanks:cutesmile:!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
RGSS3 Scripts is where you post completed scripts, not ask for scripts.

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
select the type of attack
That all sounds like the normal choices already in game.
In your game editor go to the terms tab and in there is skill types. Change the names or add on more.
Then you just need to make sure your actors / or classes can use that skill type by adding in the skill type to the features area.

Corboblan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I couldn't be more dumb haha.

Thanks so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep snapping wireless headphones. I think thats how they get ya, good sound quality but cheap plastic...
Broke the 1,000 hour mark on MV last night! Most of that was spent on 1 project, with most of that project being worked on outside the engine so far.
School books are so expensive... I just paid a fortune. :(
Does anyone knows those arts are just rip-offs from anime, or those are custom arts? There are no availlable TOS information so I'm not sure it's safe to get them
The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whatswiththecat