Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My curative skills sometimes missed when used on an ally (because of Magic Evasion?) and I would like to make it so this doesn't happen. Is there a plugin I should use or can it be done another way?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't you just set it to 100% hit rate?  Can you show a screenshot of your skill so we can see how it's set up?

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Make success of skill to 100%

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Set the skill to certain hit. Then it will not check for evasion, and as long as it has 100% success rate it will always hit the ally.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No skill should miss ever.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Set the skill to certain hit. Then it will not check for evasion, and as long as it has 100% success rate it will always hit the ally.

I would do this, however I would like the skill to be classed as a Magical Attack so it will still reflect.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
100% success means that it will never fail "invocation" or basically the check that is actually done if the skill will be used (before checking for miss etc). Then it checks for missing, 100% hit rate doesn't guarantee that it will hit because the default calculation is it will check for miss/hit then after that it will check for evasion (the game calculates "NOT HIT" 2 times, they want you to miss)...

Certain Hit means it will never do the Hit/Miss and evasion checks so that would be the way to go. But that will also make the skill not defined as Phy/Mag afaik which leads to a problem since you still want it to be classified as Mag for reflect purposes.

So my suggestion is either find a script/plugin that allows custom certain hit effect or find a plugin/script that allows custom reflect

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The reason you are missing is due to magical evasion. The ONLY way around that without a plug-in is to make the skill certain hit. And honestly, why do you want healing spells to reflect anyways? I think that would annoy the player more than anything.

If that is not a solution then you are looking at a rewrite of a core function of the battle engine. There might be a plug in that already does it (check Yanfly's plug-ins), but if not you will need to make a plug-in request for this, under that part of the forums. Understand though that rewrites of core parts of the engine are not quick and easy and are, honestly, unlikely to be done for free due to the time involved. For that reason, I'd suggest checking and seeing if you can make an existing plug-in work.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Possibly to make you think before you act or something... Most games that I played (that has heal and reflect magic) actually do reflect heal and it never bothered me at all... It just adds another layer of thought before you decide to use reflect.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Possibly to make you think before you act or something... Most games that I played (that has heal and reflect magic) actually do reflect heal and it never bothered me at all... It just adds another layer of thought before you decide to use reflect.

Yes. I am making a Final Fantasy fan game and in those games even healing spells can be reflected. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a plugin that would help. Yanfly has a plugin called Hit Accuracy, but I couldn't find a way to make it work with that.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I thought Yanfly had a plug-in that also let you set hit rates to individual skills? If so you might be able to with cute math make it work, by changing the formula to be To hit - magical evasion is chance to hit, then boosting the to hit of that skill to a ridiculously high number (like 1000%) so it cannot miss. That might work.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought Yanfly had a plug-in that also let you set hit rates to individual skills? If so you might be able to with cute math make it work, by changing the formula to be To hit - magical evasion is chance to hit, then boosting the to hit of that skill to a ridiculously high number (like 1000%) so it cannot miss. That might work.

I found a Yanfly plugin called Extra Parameter Formula. Is this what you are referring to?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nope, that just lets you change the formula for each parameter. You want something for skills. May require a plug-in request (in that part of the forum) as I don't know if such a plug-in exists yet or not.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You might be able use it since it allows you to use a formula, so you could like put a note on that skill and then on the EPF formula for hit, make it 100% if the skill has that tag... and also make evasion return false/0 if the skill has the tag... But I'm not sure if the scope of the Hit/Miss formula of MV can obtain the Skill/Item data.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I made a fix for this in my game.

I recreated a snippet for you all to use.

http://pastebin.com/Ea4ZHKj4

Make sure to tag skills with <hit> to make them unmissable!
Also note that this should be placed above all other plugins to reduce the chance for compatibility issues.

(As it is a snippet, I didn't include formal instructions with it.  It should be simple enough to use, tho.)

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a fix for this in my game.

I recreated a snippet for you all to use.

http://pastebin.com/Ea4ZHKj4

Make sure to tag skills with <hit> to make them unmissable!
Also note that this should be placed above all other plugins to reduce the chance for compatibility issues.

(As it is a snippet, I didn't include formal instructions with it.  It should be simple enough to use, tho.)

I can't access the link. Could you please paste it here?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
//Make sure to tag skills with <hit> to make them unmissable!
//Also note that this should be placed above all other plugins to reduce the chance for compatibility issues.

Game_Action.prototype.apply = function(target) {
    var result = target.result();
    this.subject().clearResult();
    result.clear();
    result.used = this.testApply(target);
    if (!this.item().meta.hit) {
    result.missed = (result.used && Math.random() >= this.itemHit(target));
    result.evaded = (!result.missed && Math.random() < this.itemEva(target));
    }
    result.physical = this.isPhysical();
    result.drain = this.isDrain();
    if (result.isHit()) {
        if (this.item().damage.type > 0) {
            result.critical = (Math.random() < this.itemCri(target));
            var value = this.makeDamageValue(target, result.critical);
            this.executeDamage(target, value);
        }
        this.item().effects.forEach(function(effect) {
            this.applyItemEffect(target, effect);
        }, this);
        this.applyItemUserEffect(target);
    }
};

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling cute, might make an essay on the presence of Malaise in the gaming industry. idk
Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?
I'm thinking about opening a "game in development" thread, though i'm not entirely sure yet. It's still really early in development, and most i have to show are assets or really chaotic map WIPs. There is a lot of story +the world itself though, and i struggle with converting all of my notes into readable text, and a thread might help...?
I see a button in a game, I press it. Cannot resist the temptation even if I know it's a trap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daldantas