Skill that causes states to switch... in over my head?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by MakerZeroOne, Jul 25, 2018.

1. MakerZeroOne

MakerZeroOne Chronic Case of Undeserved Misfortune Veteran

First Language:
    American Eng.
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    how would one go about making a skill switch states from one state to another, and vice versa? For instance...

3 mobs.
    2 are in a "melee" state, or close range; which has varying affects, weaknesses and strengths.
    the third mob is in a ranged state, which keeps it out of range of melee attacks and skills.

I want all of my party member to be able to use skills that affect all enemies on the field, as if moving as a tactical team, to "advance" on the ranged target, turning it to melee, while changing the other 2 melee targets to ranged.. thereby changing the dynamics and tactics that could be used against each type of monster. currently, the skills can only add or remove states, but not cause a switch dependent upon which is active...

if this is a scripting problem, and not part of the native engine, can anyone suggest a good and laymens tutorial for scripting with RMMV?

2. Milennin

Milennin "With a bang and a boom!" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Link the skill effect to a common event that checks each enemy (1-8) using a conditional branch if they're melee state, and if so, remove melee and inflict range state. If (else) they're not melee state, it checks if they're range and if so, remove range and inflict melee state.

MakerZeroOne likes this.
  3. MakerZeroOne

MakerZeroOne Chronic Case of Undeserved Misfortune Veteran

First Language:
    American Eng.
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i didn't know that could be done. Thanks! Edit: Oh, that's just awesome.