Skill that deals damage of more than one element

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaUpdate

A new version of Java is ready to be installed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Before you ask: yes, I've searched the Internet for a solution but I've found only Yanfly's script for RMMV and Victor's script that has an expired download link ( https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/5227-ve-element-set/ )
And that's why I am asking here. I want to make a skill that will deal for example 100 normal damage and 50 fire damage at the same time.
I know in RMVX you could choose more than one element for one skill but in RMVXA that feature was removed.

So, is there any way (either by a script or by a workaround in the plain RM) to make such skill?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know in RMVX you could choose more than one element for one skill but in RMVXA that feature was removed.
Don't mislead people. I don't remember if this even exists in VX.

As for the actual answer to your question. I don't see any script that does it so far.

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The easiest way I see is to create third element wich ignores/includes traits from those elements you want.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As soon as I have read this thread just one question popped out in my mind: why not using damage formulae?

Skill element: none
Elemental Damage 1: X
Elemental Damage 2: Y
Final Formula: X * b.element_rate(first_element_id) + Y * b.element_rate(second_element_id)

Right now I am unable to remember if the correct syntax is element_rate or elem_rate, but this is definitely a way to do it that you can use for multiple skills.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

JavaUpdate

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This seems to work. However, when using Yanfly's Battle Engine, only physical damage popup shows up, so I'm not sure if the fire damage is also dealt but it doesn't show up or if only physical damage is dealt.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Link to VE Element skill

@TheoAllen I just looked at my VX and it looks the same as XP. You can set multiple elements

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheoAllen I just looked at my VX and it looks the same as XP. You can set multiple elements
Then I probably the one that is confused with element resistance because the looks are so similar. If that is the case, then I wonder how the default script handles multiple-element calculation. As far as i know, the philosophy behind multiple-element varies. Some want additive, some want multiplicative, some want to pick the best element, some want to deal multi-hit damage like this post and I do.

JavaUpdate

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, I think I have found a workaround solution:
By using Yanfly's Followup Skills, I made that skill being 2 skills, where the first one deals physical damage and the second one deals fire damage instantly after the first one.

So, without any further words... To be closed.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21