RMMV Skill that deals more damage with every dead member

garret95

Pokémon Breeder
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I've had this idea for a skill in which the user deals more damage with each ally that currently has the death state.
I guess I could somehow go one by one in the damage formula, but there's probably a better way to do it in the skill notebox.

I have quite a few Yanfly plugins so feel free to suggest any solution related to them if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This sounds cool! I'm only just starting to learn these parts myself too, so I can't give any solutions, but I'd like to hear how to do it and get notifications from this thread when they appear. I'm also interested to hear any other innovative ways of developing skills like this. I just made one with the 'Critical Evasion' state that isn't used often, now I just need to make an enemy who this can apply to!

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could try something like this for your skill formula:
JavaScript:
(a.atk + 10) * a.friendsUnit().deadMembers().length
I.e. "(normal damage formula) times the number of dead members in the user's friendly unit".

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could try something like this for your skill formula:
JavaScript:
(a.atk + 10) * a.friendsUnit().deadMembers().length
I.e. "(normal damage formula) times the number of dead members in the user's friendly unit".
This is neat. Is it something you think would work best to cast in battle using magic, or is there a way you can automatically apply this effect when your allies die?

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is neat. Is it something you think would work best to add in battle, or is there a way you can automatically apply this effect when your allies die?
I'm not sure what you mean? :kaoswt:

What I suggested is a skill formula: you can use it in the formula box on a skill's page in the database, no plugins necessary. The formula is evaluated for each target when the skill is used, so you shouldn't need to add anything else~

garret95

Pokémon Breeder
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks caethyril, I'll copy the formula and give it a try! I'll tell you the results later.

Edit: It works like a charm! I've tweaked it a bit though to make it more cohesive with how my game operates (It needs to deal damage even if no one is dead).

JavaScript:
(a.mat * 4) + ((a.mat * 2) * a.friendsUnit().deadMembers().length) - b.mdf * 2

At last I've finished all of my demon/soul magic skills, thank you one last time!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.
finally drew 3 of the enemies that appear as students from the high school that's in my game.
Finnuval wrote on ShuBun-Kin's profile.
Loving the avatar :D
Introducing the premium bagel
I have a micro economics midterm tomorrow. I'm not worried.
Should be a...small exam :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aldois