Skill that fully restores MP

Peva

Don't overwhelm yourself. Set small goals.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make an enemy skill that fully restores MP, but I can't get it to work. I'm testing it out by teaching it to a player actor and it just keeps giving the error sound effect when trying to use it. Here's how it looks.

Any ideas why it won't let me use it? I figure there's a good chance it's something with the formula, but who knows?

Attachments

HotAndColdAF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Making the formula just b.mmp should work.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a.mmp is the user, not the target - that's b.mmp

So what you have should give the user's maximum MP to the target. I'm not sure why it's giving the error sound effect, unless the user has no mp, or the target's mp is already full.

Try the suggestion above, and if you still get the buzzing noise, open up the console (F8 for developer tools, then find console tab) and see if there are any error messages listed.

Peva

Don't overwhelm yourself. Set small goals.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh I didn't see the replies until just now. For some strange reason, when I changed the skill type to magic instead of skill, it worked. Weird!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You still need to change the formule to b.mmp rather than a.mmp

Otherwise, if the character using the skill has a maximum MP of 100, but the character they're using the skill on has a maximum of 500, only 100 will be restored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:
Made idle animation for character. It first had only three frames but looked too different from walking animation and I had to draw five more.
MV and VX Ace both have good qualities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadAtticGames