Skill that restores TP to All allies

Kryss

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, this is a little problem I have: I created a skill that restored TP to all allies, but everyone pop ups 0s after using it (because I'm using 0 in the damage formula). Is there a way to bypass this, so the skill only restores tp and doesn't show the 0 pop ups?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately skills/items with Damage type set to something other than None will, by default, always cause a popup on hit.

If your skill does something like +10 TP or +100%, you could set the skill's damage type to None and use a Gain TP skill effect instead~

Multiple Gain TP effects will stack, e.g. if max TP is 250, put 3 Gain TP +100 effects and it should work just like Gain TP +100%. :)

Otherwise you'll need a plugin, either something that can apply the damage outside of the damage formula (e.g. Yanfly's Skill Core) or something to suppress "0" popups.

Kryss

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do gainTp effect for the skill, but I do it in the damage formula, so are you saying i can put the gainTp effect for all the allies outside the damage formula? That would be very helpful!

Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basicly what caethyril said. If your skill doesn't need to do damage, then you can do it as follows:

Kryss

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol i didn't notice you could do gain tp like that without using the formula thank you so much

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I suggest looking at all possible effects of the effect box so that you dont end up over complicating stuff again :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not sure if it's true (and I won't judge or blame anyone if it is, really), but I heard from confident sources that you guys (and girls) really really like to
How is this new year for everyone? Hope you are well. Still deep in Covid in the US. Its like a vampire and refuses to die with even more strains. I need some holy water to kill it with.
in my game, what's known as HeadSpace is combining with the real world...
oh looks like the forums updated while I wasn't looking and we can put a banner now. Neat!
Treating this as a devlog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TransDiv