First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
Name: Skill Time Reaction

Version: 1.2

Author: Mr. Trivel

Created: 2016-02-26

What does it do?

This plugin gives user a moment to press confirm button. Pressing Confirm when button appears, gives user state which lasts until end of action. 

Button timer can be set up in plugin manager or for each skill by using note tags.

Video:

Requires:

Yanfly's Battle Engine Core

How to use?

When a skill has <Reaction> tag in it, it will display an image for a random amount of time in which player can press confirm button to strengthen the skill used.

<Reaction>

<ReactionAppear: [FROM] [TO]>

<ReactionWindow: [FROM] [TO]>

<ReactionState: [STATE ID]>

[FROM] [TO] - How long the window lasts or appears. It'll pick a random number of frames between [FROM] and [TO] ([FROM] <= time < [TO]).

[STATE ID] - Which state to apply when hitting the button in react window.

Only <Reaction> tag is a must to have the reaction window. Other tags like <ReactionAppear: [FROM] [TO]>, <ReactionWindow: [FROM] [TO]> or <ReactionState: [STATE ID]> can be omitted to use default values from parameters.

Examples:

<Reaction>

<ReactionWindow: 50 100>

<ReactionState: 15>

<Reaction>

<ReactionState: 50>

It's also required to have 2 images in your img\system:

reactionWait.png

reactionHit.png

Plugin: <GitHub>

How to download Plugin. Click the link above, there will be a button named Raw, press Right Click -> Save As.

Terms of Use:

Don't remove the header or claim that you wrote this plugin.

Credit Mr. Trivel if using this plugin in your project.

Free for commercial and non-commercial projects.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Amazing!! I thought on this :rwink:

Can you try do something like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Trivel

Glasses
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
@Kiluki Zaoldyeck, @Lionheart_84,

I'll keep the plugin as is.

Omegadragon8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cool! Just saw this today, and had literally just posted this question with Yanfly if something like this was possible, even used the Legend of Dragoon reference. Yan said it was to niche for him to bother with it. I disagree and believe that any game can benefit from this.What the players keep saying about LOD and its addition system I guess scares others away, it would be easier to refer to it as Quick Time Events, since everyone is familiar with that concept.

Anyway, couple of questions. Is it compatible with Yanfly's Skill and Action Sequence plugins? If it is, is there a way to possible make the input neccassary multiple times throughout the skill, or a way to cause the skill to lead into another skill if it is pushed?

Mr. Trivel

Glasses
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
@Omegadragon8,

I haven't tested it pass the Battle Core requirement.

And no, it wasn't coded to have input multiple times. As for skill leading into another skill, if another plugin exists or forcing skills from skill to skill is possible, then, maybe?

But there's a chance I might add that in the future. But it's a slight one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crayonchan