VeeSheeb

just a lil critter
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
my game, Petland, has a job system, and one optional job in my game is what i'm calling "Beast Master" and basically it would involve a sidequest to go around the world taming powerful monsters to add to their moveset

how they'd summon the beasts is where the issue comes in, where my idea was, at a high MP cost, the Beast would replace them in battle and fight automatically for a few turns turns. my best point of comparison would be Vincent Valentine's Limit Breaks, where he turns into different monsters for a few turns that do a lot of damage but are uncontrollable

i'm sure an actor replace skill/script can also be useful for other things, but that's the main thing that makes me ask about it here. if anyone can point me to some script that could do this, thanks a lot

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sounds like you want a summon script.
There are a few you should be able to find.
Guardian Summon
Pets & Summon

VeeSheeb

just a lil critter
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sounds like you want a summon script.
There are a few you should be able to find.
Guardian Summon
Pets & Summon
i found one that recreates the Aeon summons from Final Fantasy X, which might be the most balanced for this since the summon replaces the party instead of 1 actor

just now i thought that maybe i'll make the optional jobs character specific, as well as being sidequest locked, as an extra form of balance or "failsafe"

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

yo i made a post but it hasnt really gotten any answers so uhhhh
Finished switching to a new PC. Now I could potentially start working at projects or plugins again if I feel the motivation to do so.
If you don't read the news, you are uninformed. If you read the news, you are misinformed.
Custom slip rates and custom ailment durations for enemies really opens up the floodgates for status effect use. I can have Poison and Time Stop affect bosses without it breaking their balance! Finally, a healthy middle ground.

(Especially after I cooked up a thing that prevents you from re-applying deadly states more than once in specific occassions.)
Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurutami