Destra47

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got a skill I want to make that'll let the player use one item for free in exchange for some TP. I've looked at Yanfly's Instant Cast plugin, but that's as far as I got. I can't figure out how to get the skill to then open the item menu.

If anyone knows how I could do this, that'd be a great help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
pleas define "free" - what is the cost you want to prevent? only not costing an action, or also not consuming the item, or anything else?

That said, it is impossible to open the item command in battle by a skill. You'll either need a plugin to handle this, or you need to use a workaround.
The workaround would be to have the skill call a common event, and then use show choices to select an item (conditional branch to test if it is in inventory) and then force action or event commands to create the desired effect, substracting (or not) the item from inventory.

That workaround has a lot of problems with the details, so you might prefer to request a plugin.

Destra47

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Free as in doesn't take up a turn, yeah.

The common event method would require I make a branch replicating every conceivable item the player could select, right?

I'll look into plugin options, then. Cheers.

Destra47

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just in case anyone's in a situation like mine, I figured it out. It's horribly convoluted and I can probably do something to iron out the kinks later.

I'm using Yanfly's CTB plugin so I had an instant cast skill that sets a state which seals everything except item, then when the state wears off it grants a different state that fully charges my CTB charge. Both of which last one turn and the instant cast at the beginning adds two turns to all my timed states.
It's a headache and a half, but the net effect for the end user is the skill grants one free item use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose