RMMZ Skill tree plugin for MZ

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is a skill tree plugin that supports both RPG Maker MV and MZ published in the Japanese RPG Maker forum.

This plugin is an English translation of the plugin help.
Maybe I think the help translated in English isn't enough to explain.
Therefore, we will improve the accuracy of English help in the future.
capture1.PNG

capture2.PNG

The following URL is the Github repository that publishes the plugin. Currently, only Japanese plugins are uploaded to Github.
https://github.com/unagiootoro/RPGMZ

[2020/10/14]
In the main body v1.6.0, it has been modified so that the map of the skill tree is read at the time of starting the game, not from the script. Along with that, a new item "skillTreeMapId" has been added to the config file. Also, please note that the save data is no longer compatible with the previous version.

An extension plug-in "SkillTree_LayoutEx.js" that enhances the layout has been added.

Attachments

Last edited:

Panzer_Ravana

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I took a quick glance at github, and at the top says: target @target MV MZ does this mean that MV plugins are compatible with MZ if so how much modding is needed?

CathyRina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, that's a really cool plugin ngl.
Unfortunately it seems that Skill tree's are tied to actors and not classes. This unfortunately clashes with RPG's that allow class switching. Unless you make an Actor for each switchable class or make skill trees that have all the skills for all classes.
This plugin is perfect for games with less flexible Class systems tho.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I'm encountering an error when in Battle Test: "TypeError Cannot read property 'loadConfig' of null".
The console says its in line 2083.

Maybe I'm being stupid but I think it's happening since there is no actor loaded before the battle test initializes, because a battle in game test works just fine.

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I took a quick glance at github, and at the top says: target @target MV MZ does this mean that MV plugins are compatible with MZ if so how much modding is needed?
This plugin can handle both MV and MZ by judging whether the game engine is MV or MZ and switching the internal operation, so such a description is made.

Hmm, that's a really cool plugin ngl.
Unfortunately it seems that Skill tree's are tied to actors and not classes. This unfortunately clashes with RPG's that allow class switching. Unless you make an Actor for each switchable class or make skill trees that have all the skills for all classes.
This plugin is perfect for games with less flexible Class systems tho.
I also wanted to associate a class with a skill tree.
Right now we are associating with actors and skill trees, but in the future we may have an option to associate actors + classes with skill trees.

I'm encountering an error when in Battle Test: "TypeError Cannot read property 'loadConfig' of null".
The console says its in line 2083.

Maybe I'm being stupid but I think it's happening since there is no actor loaded before the battle test initializes, because a battle in game test works just fine.
Thank you bug report.
This issue has also been reported in Japan and has already been addressed in the latest Japanese version. So I will reflect it in the English version as well.
==> I've re-uploaded as v1.3.3 with the bug fixed.

Last edited:

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Thank you bug report.
This issue has also been reported in Japan and has already been addressed in the latest Japanese version. So I will reflect it in the English version as well.
==> I've re-uploaded as v1.3.3 with the bug fixed.
Thanks a lot! Great work.

LucasRiot

HUMANELFO
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! Thanks for this amazing plugin! I would like to make some possible suggestions and find out if it is possible.
#1 Add a standard background picture behind.
#2 Add vertical lines
#3 Use custom actions be performed after learning the skill using notetags in Skills table. For example
a passive skill which increases 300 of MHP and erases it after its effect:
user._paramPlus[0] += 200;
user.forgetSkill(skillId);
user.refresh();
Thank you so much for your attention @unagiootoro !!
Best Wishes!
:awink:

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Thanks for this amazing plugin! I would like to make some possible suggestions and find out if it is possible.
#1 Add a standard background picture behind.
#2 Add vertical lines
#3 Use custom actions be performed after learning the skill using notetags in Skills table. For example
a passive skill which increases 300 of MHP and erases it after its effect:
user._paramPlus[0] += 200;
user.forgetSkill(skillId);
user.refresh();
Thank you so much for your attention @unagiootoro !!
Best Wishes!
:awink:
Thank you for your suggestions.
#1 It's relatively easy. I would like to add in for this plugin.
#2 I'm not sure what to do with this. But, it is not difficult to insert a vertical line into a window.
#3 If you want to learn passive skills in the skill tree, I would like to provide a plugin that allows you to create passive skills. But for future extensibility, I think it's a good idea to be able to execute code after learning the skill.

Thank you.

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I created an extension plugin "SkillTree_ClassEx.js" that allows you to have a skill tree for each class.

CathyRina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh sweet, the class skill tree's are actor specific too!
Now I just need Passive Skills and I can start working on it.
Unigio do you have a Ko-Fi or something similar where i can donate for your great work?

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh sweet, the class skill tree's are actor specific too!
Now I just need Passive Skills and I can start working on it.
Unigio do you have a Ko-Fi or something similar where i can donate for your great work?
If you like this plugin, I'm happy with it.:rwink:

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks pretty interesting. I am gonna try it out! Thanks for porting this to English!

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there! this sounds quite usefull! thanks for making the port! , do you have the direct link to see the original plugin? , wich is the original autor? " for credit purposes and all of that....

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there! this sounds quite usefull! thanks for making the port! , do you have the direct link to see the original plugin? , wich is the original autor? " for credit purposes and all of that....
I am the author of this plugin, so the credits are listed in the plugin's 'author'. The official plug-in links are:. (Japanese)

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By the way, will you post English Version of your Quest System?
Also skill tree is looking great!

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By the way, will you post English Version of your Quest System?
Also skill tree is looking great!
I would like to make an English version of Quest plugin, but it seems that it will take time to translate because there are many plugin parameters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stout