RMMZ Skill tree plugin for MZ

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
been playing around a bit with the skill tree plugin, was kinda thinking, "im sorry if was because i dint read enought, if is a confusion" , but, the tree only activate skills yush?, but, would be interesting to add nodes wich dont add skills but plain stats instead?, kinda like on final fantasy 10, i mean, like, the ice spells branch, to reach ice one, theres a mag+5 node, dmag+ 5 node, and then the ice skill node, then other mag stats nodes and the ice 2 node........ but theres also the fire branch, with more physical and defense based stats, i mean, to have two kinda nodes, ones with skills, or other with just plain stats level up, would turn into a more interesting skill tree wich affect not only the characters skills but the stats itself in that way

i dont know, if the idea sounds too silly, i personally would enjoy a lot that choice to level up instead of the clasic one

btw, you should made a itchio option for your plugin, just so people who want to support you have the option to purchase it just to show you some apreciation, so they have the choice of use your public version or support your work , its quite a great plugin ^^!

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
been playing around a bit with the skill tree plugin, was kinda thinking, "im sorry if was because i dint read enought, if is a confusion" , but, the tree only activate skills yush?, but, would be interesting to add nodes wich dont add skills but plain stats instead?, kinda like on final fantasy 10, i mean, like, the ice spells branch, to reach ice one, theres a mag+5 node, dmag+ 5 node, and then the ice skill node, then other mag stats nodes and the ice 2 node........ but theres also the fire branch, with more physical and defense based stats, i mean, to have two kinda nodes, ones with skills, or other with just plain stats level up, would turn into a more interesting skill tree wich affect not only the characters skills but the stats itself in that way

i dont know, if the idea sounds too silly, i personally would enjoy a lot that choice to level up instead of the clasic one

btw, you should made a itchio option for your plugin, just so people who want to support you have the option to purchase it just to show you some apreciation, so they have the choice of use your public version or support your work , its quite a great plugin ^^!
In order to improve your status in the skill tree, you need to work with plugins that introduce passive skills.
(Sorry, I'm not good at English so I can speak only a minimum)

k333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh yush, i do know that, was more kinda like the fact, you would be force to add almost 120+ pasive states to achieve the stats progression and keep all those passive states active all the time, at least if you wanna do it little by little, what is quite messy, (kinda like, to create,20 passive skills all called atq+ 10 , 20 called magic+ 10.... etc ) even tunning it down it would still force you to at least made 60 active passive states active on each actor at the same time at max level, in the case you want to replace the traditional level up system on the game at least, i dont even tried to make 60+ passive states work on battle at the same time before, on 3 characters been 180 at the same time, should have to, test if that does not affect the performance that way i guess...... but yeah,it isnt the optimal solution, what is......kinda sad somehow

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh yush, i do know that, was more kinda like the fact, you would be force to add almost 120+ pasive states to achieve the stats progression and keep all those passive states active all the time, at least if you wanna do it little by little, what is quite messy, (kinda like, to create,20 passive skills all called atq+ 10 , 20 called magic+ 10.... etc ) even tunning it down it would still force you to at least made 60 active passive states active on each actor at the same time at max level, in the case you want to replace the traditional level up system on the game at least, i dont even tried to make 60+ passive states work on battle at the same time before, on 3 characters been 180 at the same time, should have to, test if that does not affect the performance that way i guess...... but yeah,it isnt the optimal solution, what is......kinda sad somehow
I see, if you have a large number of tree items, it is difficult to strengthen your stats with passive skills.
I will consider whether it is possible to create a function that enhances the status more easily.

Hillarien

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is so good! So far works well and no bugs. However, one thing i see miss is the option to keep SP bound to class, rather than actor. As it is right now, if you switch classes, SP will be carried over to the new class, and so, making system work where you switch classes back and forth might be tricky. Otherwise, it is simple, and really good looking! Thanks!

Vladar458

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe im a fool, but i dont know how use the plugin. I want make skill trees for classes. How i can make them?

CathyRina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe im a fool, but i dont know how use the plugin. I want make skill trees for classes. How i can make them?
its explained in the EX plugin. Instead of determining actorid you need to determine classid in SkillTreeConfig_en.js.

Vladar458

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its explained in the EX plugin. Instead of determining actorid you need to determine classid in SkillTreeConfig_en.js.

I mean, i have to write that in the clases notetag, or in the same plugin? Maybe an example would be useful.

CathyRina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I mean, i have to write that in the clases notetag, or in the same plugin? Maybe an example would be useful.
You don't write anything in notetags, You write it in the SkillTreeConfig_en.js itself. I recommend getting Notepad++ for that.

Vladar458

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't write anything in notetags, You write it in the SkillTreeConfig_en.js itself. I recommend getting Notepad++ for that.
I see, i will try that. For moddify the plugins i prefer use Atom.

Vladar458

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I´m having an error trying to moddify the "Sword skill tree". The first image is the trees names. (Im from spain, so i put wrote that in spanish). The second one is the error, and the third one is the identifier (i think).Captura 2.PNGCaptura.PNGCaptura 3.PNG

CathyRina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You probably have a different Class/Character who is still referring to "Sword skill" even tho you renamed it to "Habilidades de hacha". The config covers the base 8 characters by default and most of them are clones (its a blueprint after all).

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I´m having an error trying to moddify the "Sword skill tree". The first image is the trees names. (Im from spain, so i put wrote that in spanish). The second one is the error, and the third one is the identifier (i think).
As CathyRina says, I think it's because the "Sword skill" that exists in "skillTreeTypes" isn't used.
All skill tree types set in "skillTreeTypes" must be used in "skillTreeDerivative".

Vladar458

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I already fixed that. Now it works perfectly. Thanks for the help.

unagiootoro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the plugin version to v1.6.0
See # 1 for details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uniteditcare