Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update to version v1.6.2.

v1.6.2
-Fixed a bug where the skill tree was not initialized when selecting a new game after returning to the title.

v1.6.1
-Added "skt_open" function
-Added help for "SkillTreeConfig_en.js" according to the above.
-Fixed a bug that the SP acquisition amount displayed when the level was raised by 2 or more at a time was not displayed correctly.

EasternOceana

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While it was extremely cumbersome figuring out how to set this plugin up, even with your sample project as reference, it's almost exactly what I need to get the skill tree I want up and running, thanks for making this!

Some suggestions for how to improve this plugin:
  • Have some skill nodes require a switch or item to be unlockable.
  • An easier way to set custom backgrounds for each actor, because with the way it currently is, it is not going to be fun to try having more than 4 characters without accidentally breaking the code.
It looks like you might be able to use an array struct to simplify it maybe? You can add items to the array and each item can have its own settings.(Example below)
1605830826803.png1605830847918.png
I'm grateful you made this plugin! This plugin looks like it was complicated to make.

unagiootoro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some suggestions for how to improve this plugin:
  • Have some skill nodes require a switch or item to be unlockable.
  • An easier way to set custom backgrounds for each actor, because with the way it currently is, it is not going to be fun to try having more than 4 characters without accidentally breaking the code.
It looks like you might be able to use an array struct to simplify it maybe? You can add items to the array and each item can have its own settings.(Example below)
The number of plugins I manage is so large that I don't think I can handle it, but I will consider it if I have time.
Thank you!

Xellys

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, first of all very nice plugin you got there ! I've been looking for skill tree plugins like yours for quite a while, I just have a few small issues / questions.
- I noticed that associated with Visustella's plugin "VictoryAftermath" when an actor leveled up the amount of SP earned with the "EnableGetSpWhenLevelUp" is different from the amount I decided to be in the config plugin; in my game i wanted that when character reaches a new level he gets 1 sp and when i try my game the character gets 2 sp each time and i don't really understand why.
If you can provide me with help even though my problem is related to other plugins which are not from you, that will be very kind.
Capture.PNG

Aquras

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is an awesome plugin. I was just wondering if there are other ways to modify it, as in can I set a minimum level for learning skills on the tree.

Also, I noticed that skills an actor learns from other means (leveling up,) don't unlock the skill nodes on the tree. Is there a way for actors added to the party at a later stage of the game to have nodes already unlocked so players aren't having to "learn" skills they already know?

Satharas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, first of all very nice plugin you got there ! I've been looking for skill tree plugins like yours for quite a while, I just have a few small issues / questions.
- I noticed that associated with Visustella's plugin "VictoryAftermath" when an actor leveled up the amount of SP earned with the "EnableGetSpWhenLevelUp" is different from the amount I decided to be in the config plugin; in my game i wanted that when character reaches a new level he gets 1 sp and when i try my game the character gets 2 sp each time and i don't really understand why.
If you can provide me with help even though my problem is related to other plugins which are not from you, that will be very kind.
View attachment 179351
Hi Xellys and all,

could I ask you for advice, how you displayed the SP in VictoryAftermath when actor level up?

For Enemys that gives SP I found the string and could get it working, but didn't for the level up.

Any advices would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

Xellys

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Xellys and all,

could I ask you for advice, how you displayed the SP in VictoryAftermath when actor level up?

For Enemys that gives SP I found the string and could get it working, but didn't for the level up.

Any advices would be awesome.

Thanks in advance
Hi, well because theses two plugins are from differents dev i don't think there is a proper way to display the amount of SP gained throught level uping, i personally just changed the text showed with VictoryAftermath with something like "X have leveled up and gained Y SP !"
If this could be usefull for you :LZSsmile:

LVL1PLAYER

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This plugin is a skill tree plugin that supports both RPG Maker MV and MZ published in the Japanese RPG Maker forum.

This plugin is an English translation of the plugin help.
Maybe I think the help translated in English isn't enough to explain.
Therefore, we will improve the accuracy of English help in the future.
View attachment 156090

View attachment 156091

The following URL is the Github repository that publishes the plugin. Currently, only Japanese plugins are uploaded to Github.
https://github.com/unagiootoro/RPGMZ

[2020/10/14]
In the main body v1.6.0, it has been modified so that the map of the skill tree is read at the time of starting the game, not from the script. Along with that, a new item "skillTreeMapId" has been added to the config file. Also, please note that the save data is no longer compatible with the previous version.

An extension plug-in "SkillTree_LayoutEx.js" that enhances the layout has been added.

[2020/11/09]
Stop uploading files directly and link to downloads site.
Please download the required files from below.

・SkillTree.js

・SkillTreeConfig_en.js

・SkillTree_LayoutEx.js

・SkillTree_ClassEx.js
Hello, is there any guide for this plugin anywhere? something like a tutorial or manual would be greatly appreciated.

LVL1PLAYER

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I continue getting the error message "Unknown skill derivative"my custom skill". What can I do to fix this?

pf111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, this is great and I look forward to implementing it. If I'm getting this right I should: add SkillTree.js, SkillTreeConfig_en.js to plugins and write the skill tree types and info in the later? Also is the class expansion file to be added one space below the SkillTree.js file? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 2.20.51 AM.png

There is a section to add rewards to the visustella victory aftermath, can you lend assistance, please.

pf111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I continue getting the error message "Unknown skill derivative"my custom skill". What can I do to fix this?
Dunno if you have already fixed this but its generally indicative of not having configured the skillconfig correctly. In particular I got this error when the skill wasn't correctly connected to the former skill or the next one.

I'm having a hard time understanding how to use the Layout extension. Has anyone used it yet? The help does seem to point to writing the icon info on the config file. But where do images go? I've tried to set a background image but to no avail. I also get the 'unkown "icon_ex" ' error when trying the icon ex function, I switched plugin order but it still doesn't work. Too bad the creator doesn't frequent the forums.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's by time I make use of this feature in the forums. I'm never one to share profile updates or anything the sort, but hey, you gotta start somewhere! I think I'll use this place primarily to post maps actually, so here, have a goblin cave!

PqleoRp.png

Inspired largely by Wynncraft's Aseado Leaf cave
Does anyone know if Yanfly's Ace scripts are still free for use in both commercial and noncommercial projects? Can't find much except for the wordpress Terms of Use, but not sure if it's not outdated.
I just realized two of My series are beginning to look virtually identical to one another in mechanics and general themes, I never had this problem before.

This is Stifling! Must resolve this!
Lord's Reincarnation III (LR3) MOBILE is coming!!!
iu_534706_7630675.png
ScreenShot_1_20_2022_2_19_41.png
Juice FX is amazing... the portal in the middle is actually animated and moves thanks to Juice FX. so I edited part of a map I have and then drew the portal around it. threw it into Juice FX and now it's lively instead of static.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pol2ww3