Skill Tree Theory and Design: Size, Leveled Skills, Balance, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Skill trees used to drive me batty. I could never figure how I was going to do it. So many games do it differently that I hadn't settled on a style other than replace weaker with better variant at intervals. One game used points to custom make a fighter's skill set... It got unwieldy and I trashed it. I might play some more and get a feel of things...

I had no idea there were so many ways to develop a skill tree... I seriously need to update my templates, lolz

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenixsylph

=w= just chillin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhhh let me know if someone or you makes the plugin! I have literally been googling and searching for a skill tree.

Like dragon age, or ffx or even the witcher. I love skill branches.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[necro]Phoenixsylph[/necro]

This thread has been dead for over a year.
Google is not always the best way of searching for things like this. I suggest you look at the Master Plugin List in the JS Plugin Releases section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laura1999