Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is anyone else having trouble updating skills in saved games? I'm adding skills but I don't see them unless I start a new game.

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Yes, it was noticed by Steam user recently. Will be fixed in next update.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it was noticed by Steam user recently. Will be fixed in next update.
Which is weird, cause I could've sworn it was working fine before. Is it due to a RPGmaker update?

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin update.
Thanks. Is there a way currently to "refresh" skilltrees through a plugin command or script call?

Edit: Changing classes is one way to "refresh" skill trees, but I found that you can't refresh your skill tree by changing to the same class that character already was. So I'm looking for a way to reset a character's class.

Edit2: figured out a workaround. Just create duplicates of each class and switch the duplicate class and the skill tree will be refreshed.

Last edited:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. Is there a way currently to "refresh" skilltrees through a plugin command or script call?
you need to read a party member and use the "initialize" option to apply changes in your skill trees.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to read a party member and use the "initialize" option to apply changes in your skill trees.
The same error persists even when initializing characters, but I found a workaround.

Edit2: figured out a workaround. Just create duplicates of each class and switch the duplicate class and the skill tree will be refreshed.

Lunam

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im using a different iconset, how can I change the arrow icons in the trees? Theyre clouds right now XD

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
@Lunam, add arrows to your iconset, then find arrow objects in the `SkillTreesConfig.js` and change their icon IDs. See next code:
JavaScript:
/**
 * Arrow pointing down.
 * @type {Arrow}
 */
arrowDown = new Arrow(28);

/**
 * Arrow pointing from top left corner to right down.
 * @type {Arrow}
 */
arrowRight = new Arrow(30);

/**
 * Arrow pointing from top right corner to left down.
 * @type {Arrow}
 */
arrowLeft = new Arrow(29);

KaosChrist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to fully disable the tree specific SP text in the menu? As in if the tree was Fire it normally says SP in Fire: 0. Just to disable that. Get rid of it

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
@KaosChrist, you can comment drawing code in `SkillTreesSystem.js`.
Just replace
Code:
if (this._tree)
    this.drawActorTreePoints(this._actor, this._tree, Window_Base._faceWidth, this.lineHeight() * 2, w * 2);
to
Code:
// if (this._tree)
//     this.drawActorTreePoints(this._actor, this._tree, Window_Base._faceWidth, this.lineHeight() * 2, w * 2);

KaosChrist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@KaosChrist, you can comment drawing code in `SkillTreesSystem.js`.
Just replace
Code:
if (this._tree)
    this.drawActorTreePoints(this._actor, this._tree, Window_Base._faceWidth, this.lineHeight() * 2, w * 2);
to
Code:
// if (this._tree)
//     this.drawActorTreePoints(this._actor, this._tree, Window_Base._faceWidth, this.lineHeight() * 2, w * 2);
Thanks. I love your plug in.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having trouble loading any saved games w/ this plugin installed. And it's not old save files either, I'm talking about new save files created AFTER this plugin was installed. To show you wut I mean, I installed YEP_SaveCore to your Demo project and started a new game w/ everything untouched. Then I save the game, creating a new save file. The issue comes up w/ I try to load that save file I just saved. Basically the save file doesn't load and it just gives me the error/can't do that sound effect.

Amazing plugin btw, it's definitely a keeper. I just need to get it working w/ YEP_SaveCore...

Edit: Ok, so it's not an issue w/ YEP_SaveCore cuz I ran your demo completely stock and I can't load any save files...

Edit2: Nvm, I think it's cuz of all the custom trees I made in SkillTreesConfig.js -.-
I guess I'm not allowed to delete the stock trees? Cuz I made a bunch of my own trees but I don't want the default trees to show up...

Edit3: Ok, I've narrowed it down to it requiring the skill tree for class 2, otherwise save files don't load. I find this strange cuz I the only class I use for my actors in my test project is class 1 (1st class in database editor).skilltreedebug.png
Basically, I'm not allowed to delete the highlighted tree in this screenshot.

Ugh, when I try deleting the stock skills it results in all characters having "no tree"

Edit4: OMG! The issue was a single missing comma! Sigh... @.@
At least now everything works perfectly, yay!! ^.^

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to change how MP/TP costs are displayed? In my game TP is renamed "Focus" or FP for short under the Terms tab in the database. How do I get the plugin to use the same naming convention?Screenshot.png
Notice how it still says TP in the screenshot.

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Open `SkillTreesSystem.js` and find next function:
JavaScript:
Description_Window.prototype.drawCastCost = function(skill, x, y) {
Here you can edit MP and TP text. I will add fix to show database terms instead of hardcoded `MP` and `TP` in next update. I've finished updatable trees, so, plugin will be updated this week.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Open `SkillTreesSystem.js` and find next function:
JavaScript:
Description_Window.prototype.drawCastCost = function(skill, x, y) {
Here you can edit MP and TP text. I will add fix to show database terms instead of hardcoded `MP` and `TP` in next update. I've finished updatable trees, so, plugin will be updated this week.
Thank you! It would also be cool if you could include the skill cooldown as well. Hopefully you can squeeze it in the next update. ^.^

This plugin is literally better than every other skill tree plugin out there!

Dcraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I am having a problem with yanfly base param control and yanfly passive states. When a skill that has a passive state is learned from the skill tree the state appears active but has no effect, in a more specific case I made a state that increases maxhp, if it is obtained by a passive skill from a skill learned from the tree it will not change the hp; works well if attached to a weapon and others. I know the problem is with yanfly base param because I made a new project and isolate the skill tree plugin, passive state and base param so when I disable base param it works correctly and the status takes effect normally

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:
spending a week trying to figure out what was wrong with my font has me DED
504 threads to go upon the time of this post until the forum reaches 100k threads. Thread Dead Redemption. Thready Van Halen. Thread Zeppelin. Doesn't have to be a band or a game
Random thought: Looks like putting in effort in learning a language is like a taboo for most people. :kaoswt2:
Not sure about RPG Maker MZ ; We see a lot of things, but they could have enhanced a lot of things in MV first... We're at the era of updates nowadays, not new products over and over and over :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Player-Unknown