Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, I noticed that Icon Captions (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/icon-captions.107806/) doesn't work for the icon within the skill tree, but works on the icons in the description window on the right. Why is this the case? Is there a difference in the way icons within the skill tree vs outside the skill tree are drawn?
Tooltip.png
The green circles are where my mouse cursor is at. For some reason the actual mouse pointer doesn't show up in screenshots but trust me, my mouse is hovering over the icon. As you can see, the tooltip works when hovering over an icon in the description window, but doesn't when hovering over an icon within the skill tree itself.

This isn't a deal-breaker for me, but it'd be nice if I could get the tooltips to work within the skill tree.

@SomeFire How's v1.9 coming along btw?

Last edited:

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Version 1.9:
- Show YEP skill cooldown and warmup.
- Add possibility to use SP and JP simultaneously.
- Add confirmation button to learn skills.

Guys, color of number for CD/WU was fixed.
@Frostorm, I suppose it is because icons in skill tree are buttons, not pure icons.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SomeFire :kaojoy:

Edit: Now that we can use both SP & JP, how do we define the cost of a skill in the config file? I'm referring to this:
[cost(1)]
Like if I want something to cost 1 JP & 1 SP what do I put? Or should I define it in the database via Yanfly notetags (for JP)?

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I give an actor X amount of SP to start with? Yanfly's <Class X Starting JP: Y> is for JP only right? Is there an equivalent for SP?

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Do you use single point pool or separate?

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Single

I also fixed a tiny font color issue with the commas and numbers appearing after it:
Sprite-0003.png
In lines 1146, 1172, & 1180 of SkillTreeSystem.js you will find this line of code:
text += ", ";
To make the font color look like my "after" screenshot, change it to:
text += "\\C, ";

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Use `actor.addTreesPoints(123)` to add points. Also, make sure 'Use Job Points only' flag is off.
Thank you, idk how I didn't notice different color. But it should works, because I close color tag just after open.

UPD: correct fix. Demo updated with fix.

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use `actor.addTreesPoints(123)` to add points.
Hmm, where do you suggest I put it? I tried creating a common event for it but it didn't have any effect... How does it know which actor I'm referring to? I know there must be something obvious I'm forgetting.

I also tried an event with the following script call:
$gameActors.actor(1).addTreesPoints(3)

No go...

Edit: It's ok, I found a workaround. It seems decimals are acceptable so I'll just do this:
1: skillTrees(1.5, [

(I'm not sure why it doubles that figure but oh wells, as long as it works) lol...

@SomeFire There's also an insignificant typo on line 285 & 308 of SkillTreesSystem.js:
"ised" should be "used"
Totally trivial, but thought you should know.

Edit2: @SomeFire Could you direct me to the line(s) of code that controls how the words "skill points" is displayed? (such as if we want to name it something else)
1594093943740.png

Also, is there a way to get <Learn Cost Eval> to work with this? Or can you think of any way to get the same functionality? Basically I need to run code when a skill is learned.

Last edited:

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Hmm, where do you suggest I put it? I tried creating a common event for it but it didn't have any effect... How does it know which actor I'm referring to? I know there must be something obvious I'm forgetting.

I also tried an event with the following script call:
$gameActors.actor(1).addTreesPoints(3)
There are different ways to get actor, so, it depends on where you need him. Add points whenever you want (quest reward, as effect from potions, etc. or us plugin configuration to setup amount of points per lvlup).

Edit: It's ok, I found a workaround. It seems decimals are acceptable so I'll just do this:
1: skillTrees(1.5, [

(I'm not sure why it doubles that figure but oh wells, as long as it works) lol...
Do you use both `actor2trees` and `class2trees`? Their starting points are summed up.

@SomeFire There's also an insignificant typo on line 285 & 308 of SkillTreesSystem.js:
"ised" should be "used"
Totally trivial, but thought you should know.
Fixed.

Edit2: @SomeFire Could you direct me to the line(s) of code that controls how the words "skill points" is displayed? (such as if we want to name it something else)
SkillTreesConfig.js:553.

Also, is there a way to get <Learn Cost Eval> to work with this?
What?
Or can you think of any way to get the same functionality? Basically I need to run code when a skill is learned.
I made it aldready. Look at SkillTreesSystem.js:1440. combatReflexes2 have 3 levels with 1 requirement and 1 on learn action per level. You can create your own on learn action. I made 2 examples: `OnLearnChangeVariable` and `OnLearnCommonEvent`.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my plethora of questions lol.:kaoswt:

Just to be sure, Line 553 is: Window_Command.prototype.select.call(this, index);

I basically just want to change "skill points" to "skill point" (singular) since all my skills cost 1 point.

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
SkillTreesConfig, not SkillTreesSystem.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SomeFire How do I save an actor's # of free (available) SP as a variable?

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
`actor.getTreesPoints()`, see SkillTreesConfig.js (API section).

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yea, @SomeFire's skill tree is the best one out there imo! Just keep in mind it requires a bit of setup at 1st, but it's so worth it.

Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK this is a stupid question but how can I acquire the plugin?

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to display character's skill point value in messages?

SomeFire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Currently, there is no short way to do it. You can use game variable to show points, just call actor.getTreesPoints(tree) to put points into variable before showing text.

Or you can create messages in scripts, thus no need to use game variable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
Picked up a physical copy of Megadimension Neptunia VII for the PS4 today. It's pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr