Skill types no showing in battle

LolSheeps

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
First off, I'm using some of Yanfly's plug-ins, namely the Class Change, Skill Core, Skill Learn, Job Point system, Battle Engine core ones.

All my skill types simply say "Skill" in combat instead of, say, Tech, Black Magic, White Magic, etc depending on class. I have all the classes set up properly. It was literally working properly yesterday but now it's being stupid and just showing "Skill" instead of the class specific title. 

yes, Ive turned off each one and did all that fun testing and still negative... The thing is it works fine when I battle test...? Weird. Any suggestions?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Check and make sure that each class has the feature to use the skills of that type. If you don't do that, you might discover that they can only learn the general skill.

However, I think you can also edit what shows in battle with Yanfly's Battle Command Script. If you have that installed, make sure you have it set up right, as it can overwrite your settings.

LolSheeps

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't have his battle command script unless you mean Battle Engine Core which doesn't edit anything in battle like that, or so I believe. And yeah all the classes have the skill type set. Like I said it was working fine and now for some reason in game it doesn't show up.

Would a certain type of event do this? Turn off the custom names and revert it to just Skill?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nope, events can't do that, not without a complicated script call. Sounds like a script to me. Is skill even a skill type in your game? If so, what happens if you rename it to something silly like Bob? Does everyone now have the command Bob?

LolSheeps

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
No, skill isn't even a type which makes no sense. I don't have ANY script calls in my game at this point, either. I've attached a pic of all the plug ins currently in us. Keep in mind I didn't mess with ANY of these when this started happening, again, worked one day then bam it didn't. Which leads me to believe I did something event wise or something in the game making that messed with it. 

Oh, I did use THIS guide to make on screen encounters, it calls a few different Common Events but nothing dealing with the player at all. Thoughts?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I edited the game so that there is an enemy encounter the moment you start a new file, and sure enough, "Skill" shows up instead of "Tech" (you only have one person at the start).

EDIT 2: Okay I renamed "Skills" to "Bob" and sure enough they shared the name across the actors. Something is over-riding my custom skill type names with the system default of "Skill"...

Plugins.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the game tries to display the skill type names but gets the display name wrong, then a plugin caused a problem with the battle engine or a file was damaged/changed. Nothing in default can cause this.

If an actor can use several different skill types, does it list this "skill" name multiple times? If you select one of those lines, will the correct skills of that group be displayed next or is that messed up as well?

Does this happen when you start a new game or when you load an old savefile?

Have you checked if the order of the plugins is correct?

Does this happen if you start a new game after disabling all plugins at the same time?

LolSheeps

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Aha. found the problem. It's Yanfly's "Equip Battle Skills" plugin. When I turned it on and initiate the combat from the very beginning my actors Tech turned to Skill. Now why the hell would that even interfere? It never has before... It doesn't even change anything IN COMBAT it only lets you equip skills to bring into combat...

I deleted it and reinstalled it and still nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually, it does change things. Since the plug in has no idea what your skills are going to be that you can equip, it has to lump them into the category skill. This is probably to avoid someone having to go under 5 different menus if they equip 5 different skills of different types. You might be able to turn that off though, check the settings. Otherwise, disable the plug-in.

LolSheeps

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
 I guess I have to remove it. I'll report this on Yanfly's bug post, but it still sucks. It was working fine then suddenly not. Gah. Thanks for the help guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezalopan