Skills costs items but without equipping said items to use them.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I want to see a plugin in which the skills cost items but with a small twist in that unlike the ones already shown, the plugin would not require you to equip the items at all and items would be depleated from the inventory upon the usage of the skill.

Mellye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
So you may have for, example, a skill called "Acid Terror" that is only usable if you have an "Acid Bottle" in your inventory, and it consumes the item on use.

Would you also require skills that need multiple different items instead of a single one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
You can actually use latest Yanfly's Skill Core version to do that, although you need to know a little of Javascript since it can only be used with its lunatic mode.

Here my example:

// If it requires only 1 kind of item:<custom requirement>value = $gameParty.numItems($dataItems[id]) >= amount;</custom requirement><custom execution>$gameParty.loseItem($dataItems[id], amount);</custom execution>// If it requires more than 1 kind of item:<custom requirement>value = $gameParty.numItems($dataItems[id]) >= amount;value = value && $gameParty.numItems($dataItems[id2]) >= amount2;value = value && $gameParty.numItems($dataItems[id3]) >= amount3;// Insert more if another item if needed</custom requirement><custom execution>$gameParty.loseItem($dataItems[id], amount);$gameParty.loseItem($dataItems[id2], amount2);$gameParty.loseItem($dataItems[id3], amount3);// Insert more if another item if needed</custom execution>Change "id" with the ID of the item in the database and "amount" with the number of that item required.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes, that is what I need, thanks.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?
I still cannot wrap my head around how to edit and use arrays in RPG Maker MV o_O
Gamemaking has been slower, but I do my best to make small progress every day. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadowGray