StoicRose

muthilda
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
For some reason, whenever either a party member or an enemy uses a skill thats supposed to do damage, it always misses. ive tried changing the success rate multiple times and nothings working. also, setting a skill to have an attack element makes it so that you cant select it in battle. how do i fix these problems? its been driving me insane all day, hah

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello! It could be some attribute.
But it is difficult to guess without seeing the configuration of one of these Skills.

StoicRose

muthilda
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
hey! heres my configuration for one of the ones thats been giving me the most trouble. if theres any other information you need to know lemme know and ill put it in here.

Attachments

• 1620591121171.png
    1620591121171.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 11

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks.
Why is the "Physical Rate" at zero?

StoicRose

muthilda
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
i suppose its because i think of the attack as being purely magical, but even with my other attacks that have both physical and magical rates they still miss every single time. why do you ask?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might have to do with difference in Agility stat between the attacker and defender. I think it's what determines the chance to evade something.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I asked why even though it is magic in my view it has to physically affect the target (HP).

The ideal would be to create a new project, analyze any magical ability to compare and find out what is really going on.

Maybe it's even some attribute on the enemy, try to place it with a very simple enemy without elemental parameters.

StoicRose

muthilda
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
i found out what it was! i forgot to check "HP" in stat decrease and when i checked that it worked just fine! i think i cant believe i didnt figure that out sooner ;v; sorry for the trouble!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!
Fun fact: Digimon is an isekai :kaoswt2:
The problem with being a perfectionist is that you are never done with something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekonix