skills on weapon

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by randallstevens, Jul 29, 2012.

1. randallstevens

randallstevens Villager Member

I'm trying have a weapon unlock a skill for whoever equips it. I'm wanting it to be a special type of skill so I don't really want to just unlock the category for the skill so my characters walk around with an empty option menu all game until they get said weapon.

Any ideas?

2. Victor Sant

Victor Sant Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    If it's for VXa just add the trait "Add Skill" for the weapon traits. Also the actor must be able to have added the Skill Type of the skill. You can also make the said weapon add the skill type if the actor don't have it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  3. randallstevens

randallstevens Villager Member

That worked- thanks! I failed to notice the option of adding a skill type with the weapon...

4. Zasian

Zasian Advanced N00B Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If you want to work with scripts and achieve the same effect, but with more variety Fomar has a script which does this, and also a AP system so you can master the skills on a weapon through a certain amount. Basically the FF9 system if that peaks you're interest.

5. HamPants

HamPants Ayyy! Member

First Language:
    English
    Use traits on the weapon itself: Add Skill type (sword thing), and then another one: Add Skill (sword skill), that way, you dont' have the skill type available at all, unless you have the weapon equipped.